Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 02:19 AM

7 posts, read 6,374 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I'm a retired US NAVY Veteran and I've been dabbling small time in investments and fund management. At this point I own two businesses a gas station and a small franchise that i bought through ebay(which is kind of funny) and I have managed funds with ameritrade managed funds facility (4.64) as well as monthlyreturns which gives like 4.78% returns monthly. The above is fine but I still have a problem. The businesses are pretty hectic especially because i'm getting up in age and so running up and down behind young people isn't really cutting it for me. Does anyone here have any info on bonds or more managed fund facilities that i cud sign up with? mod cut

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Neither babypips or ukforums has anything to do with managed funds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 03:53 AM

30,902 posts, read 36,985,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo296 View Post
Hey all, I'm a retired US NAVY Veteran and I've been dabbling small time in investments and fund management. At this point I own two businesses a gas station and a small franchise that i bought through ebay(which is kind of funny) and I have managed funds with ameritrade managed funds facility (4.64) as well as monthlyreturns which gives like 4.78% returns monthly. The above is fine but I still have a problem. The businesses are pretty hectic especially because i'm getting up in age and so running up and down behind young people isn't really cutting it for me. Does anyone here have any info on bonds or more managed fund facilities that i cud sign up with? mod cut
Bonds pay some really low interest rates right now.

One of the more aggressive, but solid performers is Loomis Sayles Bond (www.loomissayles.com). It lost a lot in 2008, but it rallied hard in 2009 and has a good long term track record.

If you want a more conservative fund, something like Harbor Bond would work...but you have to know, even the manager of this fund says he believes its performance will only be 3% to 5% over the next 5 years (Welcome to Harbor Funds)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing