Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,820,596 times

Advertisements

FaceBook of course.

Which equity do you see as the biggest loser this summer?

I say FB settles around $20 by August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 02:43 PM

677 posts, read 1,160,769 times
Yes. I think also. But I don't have the guts to short it. I lost many times in the past by shorting. My wife will kill me if I start that again.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:41 PM

24,428 posts, read 27,141,099 times
I wish I didn't sell my put options!!! I sold them too early wahhhh, but I believe FB will go to $15 range, I don't have a time frame though.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM

29,958 posts, read 25,085,073 times
Maybe crash and burn Didn't one of the guys that help create FB renounce his citizenship? And isn't it true that someone in his position cannot sell his stock position until 6 months after the IPO date? Wouldn't it just be awesome if he ended up with nothing, and renounced his citizenship for nothing?! He would be forced to go back to his country penniless, and endure the bottom rung of society as a result. Sounds like poetic justice to me

Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 AM

799 posts, read 1,448,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Maybe crash and burn Didn't one of the guys that help create FB renounce his citizenship? And isn't it true that someone in his position cannot sell his stock position until 6 months after the IPO date? Wouldn't it just be awesome if he ended up with nothing, and renounced his citizenship for nothing?! He would be forced to go back to his country penniless, and endure the bottom rung of society as a result. Sounds like poetic justice to me

That would be horrible. In that scenario everyone loses. No one wins. The little guys would lose all the money they put into Facebook. I hate seeing anyone lose money...... unless I benefit from it.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:57 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,531,868 times
how about this perspective

Analyst predicts Facebook will 'disappear' in 5 to 8 years - Computerworld

Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,770,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
The little guys would lose all the money they put into Facebook. I hate seeing anyone lose money...... unless I benefit from it.
The "little" guy shouldn't have invested in the IPO in the first place unless they knew 100% that it was pure speculative gambling....(which it was)

No one knows where the stock will "settle" in the future...

Just throw your darts and see where they will land...

Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 PM

385 posts, read 359,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
he left because he didn't want to deal with tyranny (draconian U.S. laws making it impossible to move your money overseas) unless you do what he did and renounce citizenship.

Pretty soon every productive citizen will leave (because of our ridiculous amount of laws/regulations/taxes) and we will be left with a bunch of bums.

Our future sure looks bright don't it?

Old 06-07-2012, 05:57 PM

29,958 posts, read 25,085,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16trillionandcounting View Post
he left because he didn't want to deal with tyranny (draconian U.S. laws making it impossible to move your money overseas) unless you do what he did and renounce citizenship.

Pretty soon every productive citizen will leave (because of our ridiculous amount of laws/regulations/taxes) and we will be left with a bunch of bums.

Our future sure looks bright don't it?
What exactly does facebook produce?

And it seems the financial services industry has been about the most busy industry in this nation as of late. What the heck do they produce? If anything, actual productive citizens in this country are being marginalized by this industry. I would blame them 1st and foremost for discouraging actual productive work. Our tax structures are pretty much on par with most of the world. Even China has high corporate tax structures, specifically for outside investment. I get a little sick of hearing about people who want to enjoy the opportunities this country affords, yet don't want to pay their fair share towards it. Corporate taxes are far lower than they've been decades ago (when people seem to think things were quite a bit better). I am a conservative on most issues, but I refuse to side with the corporate America agenda. Time to see through the Faux News propaganda.

The future sure does look bright, if you are not among the majority fighting for the bread crumbs in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing