U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 09:10 PM

280 posts, read 306,997 times

Advertisements

I was going through different websites and came across this guys interview videos, in which he is predicting stock crash 90% of its value.
Is he any credible or just a scam???

This video might be old but still has some valid points.

Author Bob Wiedemer of The Aftershock Investor: Get Out of Stocks & Bonds, Gold Will Go to $6,000+ - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 09:19 PM

9,114 posts, read 16,216,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musman View Post
I was going through different websites and came across this guys interview videos, in which he is predicting stock crash 90% of its value.
Is he any credible or just a scam???

This video might be old but still has some valid points.

Author Bob Wiedemer of The Aftershock Investor: Get Out of Stocks & Bonds, Gold Will Go to $6,000+ - YouTube
He's a great salesman selling doom and gloom.....

He might be right or wrong..either way he'll profit...

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 PM

651 posts, read 776,982 times
Considering how hot people are in this forum on stocks and how much redicule I get for investing in silver bullion, He is probably closer to being right than you think. the problem is you are going against a government and banking system who derive their power from king doller. They will do everything in their power to keep that power.

The stock market and housing market are propped up markets. Gold is be manipulated down (india, US leasing it, etc). there are signs everywhere of other countries doing deals outside the dollar, some we have gone to war with (Iran, Afghan) and the day of reckoning will come. I still own a good portion of stocks, but I see the writing on the wall.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 PM

22,081 posts, read 21,021,500 times
Best advice I can give you is turn off all the noise. If you are the type of person that can't then you shouldn't invest because you will lose your money eventually.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:46 PM

If you want to learn about investing in wealth cycles, listen to this clip. I found him because I found the same exact outcome with my research and investing this year for the last 10 years. I still diversify and buy individual stocks and bullion, etc. But he is right about most of his presentation here.

The Case for $20,000 oz Gold - Debt Collapse - Mike Maloney - Silver & Gold - YouTube

Old 12-22-2013, 11:12 PM

22,081 posts, read 21,021,500 times
It's simple... don't think you are smarter than the system. If the trend is up, be long. If the trend is down, stay out or be short. If the market is going up, don't fight it, go with it. It's stupid to say... okay NOW is the time its going to turn around! People have made that same argument for the past 4 years and geez how much would you have lost if you listened?? Eventually one of these losers will time it right by simple luck.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:40 AM

28,658 posts, read 31,257,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
He's a great salesman selling doom and gloom.....

He might be right or wrong..either way he'll profit...
Exactly.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:53 AM

9,114 posts, read 16,216,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicles View Post
Considering how hot people are in this forum on stocks and how much redicule I get for investing in silver bullion, He is probably closer to being right than you think
Icicles, pick any asset class and you will have fair weather gamblers on here who are "hot" on the sector..

We have gold bugs who are 'hot' on the sector when it does well..

We have Equity bugs who are 'hot' on the sector when it does well..

We have people who beat up bond holders when its the flavor of the month......

Pick any asset class and you will find people come out of the woodwork....

To me, this guy is noise....he might be right tomorrow or 100 years from now.....when you make your doom and gloom predictions, you are no different..IF it happened tomorrow, you'd be on here saying how smart you are...if it doesn't happen for another 40-60 years, no worries...you'll be gone and wont have to be accountable for your prediction...

When you stay the course and have a long term plan, all these flavors really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things...

Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,070,571 times
Wiedemer has made one right prediction, the housing bust. Not how long it would last, or how good or bad it would be, just that it would happen. I made the same prediction, and saved myself from losses, so I don't find his prediction that novel.

So far all of his other predictions have failed. He has been touting gold over $2,500 an oz for nearly 6 years. Also massive food riots, collapse of the US, and global catastropies...so far, nada either.

The only other prediction I bet he has made, but he never publicized, is that if he keeps predicting doom and gloom depressed/fearful people will lap it up and make him wealthy. I don't respect him for taking advantage of gullable people, but I understand why it is happening. I also don't respect the people either for falling for it with a long history of doomsday preachers being dead wrong.

If you believe it, then it is on your head each time the predictions fail. I hope you take a look at yourself, and your beliefs, when you finally realize what a shyster he is. The learning experiance will be painful.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wiedemer has made one right prediction, the housing bust. Not how long it would last, or how good or bad it would be, just that it would happen. I made the same prediction, and saved myself from losses, so I don't find his prediction that novel.

So far all of his other predictions have failed. He has been touting gold over $2,500 an oz for nearly 6 years. Also massive food riots, collapse of the US, and global catastropies...so far, nada either.

The only other prediction I bet he has made, but he never publicized, is that if he keeps predicting doom and gloom depressed/fearful people will lap it up and make him wealthy. I don't respect him for taking advantage of gullable people, but I understand why it is happening. I also don't respect the people either for falling for it with a long history of doomsday preachers being dead wrong.

If you believe it, then it is on your head each time the predictions fail. I hope you take a look at yourself, and your beliefs, when you finally realize what a shyster he is. The learning experiance will be painful.

Perhaps his predictions are right, but he underestimated the ability of government to be able to push the destruction as far into the future as they have?

Or perhaps they are looking at M0 and not paying attention to M3 and the destruction of credit.

I think rickards has the right viewpoint. The government is ramming M0 money into the system and M3 is being destroyed at the same time. This is all happening with velocity of money declining. Problem is, if velocity reverses like the 1970's, the government/dollar/fed reserve are screwed. and these predictions come true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing