Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
On July 25th the S&P closed at 1978. 1978 on the 28th and 1969 on the 29th.
The next week initial 2nd Q GDP was released. The market began a decline (1930 on Juy 31) and reached an intra day low of 1904 on August 7th.
Now heeeeere we are again with that GDP number to be revised tomorrow.
The consensus is unchanged at 4.0%.
Do you think the GDP numbers are already baked into the market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 09:41 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
Yep, just wait for it the correction is coming so take all your money out...
...any day now...
...just keep waiting...
...it's gonna happen...
...doesn't matter how long it is it will eventually come...
...just keep waiting for it...
...it's coming, anyone who disagrees are just sheeple...
...ignore all the gains and keep your money out because it's coming...
...look at these cherry picked numbers that show it's not perfect so the correction is coming...
...any day now...

/sarcasm

This guy sounds like an old friend of my dad. The guy was convinced of the collapse in the 1970's so he's been living in the backwoods of Indiana for 40 years just farming and annoying livestock/passersby with his rants. He just got Facebook so it was interesting reading what he posted on my dads wall. Never seen anyone that depressed and angry about massive catastrophes not happening...but he was sure it was right around the corner.

I guess the guy felt it was the only way he was going to not look like a loser to everyone else if his imaginary disaster did happen and he could say he told them so.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yep, just wait for it the correction is coming so take all your money out...
...any day now...
...just keep waiting...
...it's gonna happen...
...doesn't matter how long it is it will eventually come...
...just keep waiting for it...
...it's coming, anyone who disagrees are just sheeple...
...ignore all the gains and keep your money out because it's coming...
...look at these cherry picked numbers that show it's not perfect so the correction is coming...
...any day now...

/sarcasm

This guy sounds like an old friend of my dad. The guy was convinced of the collapse in the 1970's so he's been living in the backwoods of Indiana for 40 years just farming and annoying livestock/passersby with his rants. He just got Facebook so it was interesting reading what he posted on my dads wall. Never seen anyone that depressed and angry about massive catastrophes not happening...but he was sure it was right around the corner.

I guess the guy felt it was the only way he was going to not look like a loser to everyone else if his imaginary disaster did happen and he could say he told them so.
Sounds like one of those preppers waiting for Armageddon.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
There are some pretty ticked off people around who invested for Armageddon. Even Smith and Wesson sales are down.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
There are some pretty ticked off people around who invested for Armageddon. Even Smith and Wesson sales are down.
HaHaHa....I did see S&W the other day....down quite a bit...something like 12%

Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Other weapons manufacturers also. The fear triad in personal weaponry can only go so far and cost so much.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Other weapons manufacturers also. The fear triad in personal weaponry can only go so far and cost so much.
Guns, bullets and goals such a sure fire thing.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:02 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
Quote:
Pretty much all of the economic doomers I have ever seen are also survivalists, since once their doom comes they want to annoy people after, who have "re-branded" themselves as preppers. A group that wanted to be prepared for emergencies (which is advised) and not be associated with survivalist nuts. The saddest ones are the ones that want the world to collapse because their lives are that pathetic, and think they will be the new 1% after all the **** hits the fan.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Pretty much all of the economic doomers I have ever seen are also survivalists, since once their doom comes they want to annoy people after, who have "re-branded" themselves as preppers. A group that wanted to be prepared for emergencies (which is advised) and not be associated with survivalist nuts. The saddest ones are the ones that want the world to collapse because their lives are that pathetic, and think they will be the new 1% after all the **** hits the fan.
Yep, they're selling gold and investing in bullets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing