Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:57 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times

Advertisements

growth funds? not at all. if you read my posts I am 75% the fidelity insight income and preservation model and 25% the growth and income model. I am retiring in july.

yields are in the 2%-3% range on the income model depending on the years action and 1.60-2% on the growth and income model . we have low 7 figures in the portfolio ( more than 2 million, less than 5 ) as well as 2 years of cd's in withdrawal money at fidelity which give us 70-90k in income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 11:01 AM

5,342 posts, read 6,168,483 times
You spent 10 pages in another thread telling people you would never want to own companies that aren't putting every last dime back into the company to increase growth and then you say 75% of your money is in an income fund.

Here you go.

//www.city-data.com/forum/37975223-post129.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
when the growth ends you have to ask yourself why own the company. i would only own a company if i still believed in it and it was still everything i wanted in a company and ask myself if there are better choices..

other wise bye bye , thanks for the ride. on to the next .

Odd

Last edited by mizzourah2006; 01-18-2015 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-18-2015, 11:14 AM

you better re-read what I said throughout. no where does it make any reference to what I do now since I am in retirement mode. my own investment mix has been stated over and over and over in many many threads for years now.

as anyone here who has been reading my posts can tell you I spent decades following the growth model from fidelity insight but 6 or 7 years ago switched gears to prepare for an early retirement with a more comfortable portfolio and volatility level.

what I said is investors looking to really compound their money would do better staying away from the big old dividend payers. the mid caps were compounding investor money by 5 to 6% greater rates .

as dividends were growing to their highest levels ever, less and less money was available for stock buy backs , acquisitions and mergers and growing market share.

that is what I said ,over and over,

I also stated over and over I do not buy individual stocks for investment just quick speculation. but if I did buy them I would certainly have to ask myself why own the company if it was no longer compounding my money the way I expected.

your quote of what I said is correct., but if you are going to quote me at least quote what I said without cutting the last sentence off.

"when the growth ends you have to ask yourself why own the company. i would only own a company if i still believed in it and it was still everything i wanted in a company and ask myself if there are better choices..
other wise bye bye , thanks for the ride. on to the next .
but i don't invest in individual companies , i have funds where analysts and managers who spend their life evaluating these things do it .

i only want results that meet my goals. how they get it is their job."

now that is what I said!

one thing about telling the truth is you never need a good memory. I know exactly what I said and you can go back years and see the changes I made allocation wise .

while I cannot disclose the exact funds since subscribers pay for that info the changes I made in allocations through the years is well documented.

but none of that has anything to do with general investing information or strategy's based on studies and fact which i reference daily..
'

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-18-2015 at 11:51 AM..

Old 01-18-2015, 09:24 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
....is there some kind of prize awarded to anyone who can point out potential risk in a given investment?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 PM

919 posts, read 848,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
....is there some kind of prize awarded to anyone who can point out potential risk in a given investment?
Huh?
You should read and internalize what was said about bonds and interest rates. Not be snarky AND wrong.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
no , but there is a prize for correcting wrong information that can be mis-leading and harmful to anyone who believes it to be true when it is completely wrong and totally opposite fact..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing