Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did you buy cryptocurrencies?
Speculation - hope to sell them to the next high bidder. 69 50.00%
It’s a true currency. 9 6.52%
It’s a store of value. 31 22.46%
I don’t know. 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 12:04 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think the biggest mistake people do when they buy crypto is not research on what crypto they are getting into like what Doge was, it was nothing more than a ponzi scheme coin with no actual project what it was meant to do.

If you took $5000 and bought the top 10 crypto during spring 2021, you would've easily had $12k right now.

That's what I did, I've bought and HODL a bunch of coins like ATOM, XRP, Solana, Polk, Tezos, and all these crypto projects are doing real things to the marketplace where Doge did nothing and even Bitcoin did not it is the crypto gold so if you bought crypto back then and have it now you could buy a nice used car right now with $5k invested.

I bought so many of these coins for almost a few $ and now they are up like over 1000% I'm also getting airdrops of many rewards so it pays to get in early.
Have you checked out what is going on in the DEFI space with ATOM on the Osmosis platform? Crazy stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 12:10 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Have you checked out what is going on in the DEFI space with ATOM on the Osmosis platform? Crazy stuff.
It's about time really, cause a lot of the projects are trying to get going now and trying to mimick the success of NFTs and Solana's recent rise. I only spent like $1k on Atom and I have almost $4k now. If I had put in more I would had reaped a lot.

The biggest thing next few years will be the digitalization of IP based stuff into NFTs and DEFI projects that are gonna hit the centralized banking hard. That's why they want the SEC to sue Coinbase to stop their DEFI stuff from coming online.

Hey folks, if you bought $10k worth of crypto right now on coinbase, soon you can borrow that $7k and by other things with it without any credit application to fill or banking checks. As long as your crypto assets are locked in you can borrow the $7k to use and pay back on your terms and simply pay the fees and never have to wait for credit approval.

That is why all the credit based banking giants are scared that it will take off and banks won't be able to charge ridiculous fees to borrow.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:40 PM

1,855 posts, read 796,679 times
Quote:
I think the biggest mistake people do when they buy crypto is not research on what crypto they are getting into like what Doge was, it was nothing more than a ponzi scheme coin with no actual project what it was meant to do.

If you took $5000 and bought the top 10 crypto during spring 2021, you would've easily had $12k right now.

That's what I did, I've bought and HODL a bunch of coins like ATOM, XRP, Solana, Polk, Tezos, and all these crypto projects are doing real things to the marketplace where Doge did nothing and even Bitcoin did not it is the crypto gold so if you bought crypto back then and have it now you could buy a nice used car right now with $5k invested.

I bought so many of these coins for almost a few $ and now they are up like over 1000% I'm also getting airdrops of many rewards so it pays to get in early.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
It's about time really, cause a lot of the projects are trying to get going now and trying to mimick the success of NFTs and Solana's recent rise. I only spent like $1k on Atom and I have almost $4k now. If I had put in more I would had reaped a lot.

The biggest thing next few years will be the digitalization of IP based stuff into NFTs and DEFI projects that are gonna hit the centralized banking hard. That's why they want the SEC to sue Coinbase to stop their DEFI stuff from coming online.

Hey folks, if you bought $10k worth of crypto right now on coinbase, soon you can borrow that $7k and by other things with it without any credit application to fill or banking checks. As long as your crypto assets are locked in you can borrow the $7k to use and pay back on your terms and simply pay the fees and never have to wait for credit approval.

That is why all the credit based banking giants are scared that it will take off and banks won't be able to charge ridiculous fees to borrow.
Exactly, they are trying to hit companies like Coinbase but the real threat is in DEFI where there isn't a company to hit.

I have been using Compound to borrow against crypto in order to diversify in other projects so I won't need to pay a cap gains tax.

You stake the collateral and earn a few sats and some Compound tokens. Then you borrow against that and earn more token and compound. The cost for borrowing is a POSITIVE .31% APY. So I earn money to borrow. Banks can't compete with that.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:

I use coinbase but having trouble converting to coinbase pro

Old 09-14-2021, 12:27 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Exactly, they are trying to hit companies like Coinbase but the real threat is in DEFI where there isn't a company to hit.

I have been using Compound to borrow against crypto in order to diversify in other projects so I won't need to pay a cap gains tax.

You stake the collateral and earn a few sats and some Compound tokens. Then you borrow against that and earn more token and compound. The cost for borrowing is a POSITIVE .31% APY. So I earn money to borrow. Banks can't compete with that.
They recently subpoena Compound to try to figure out how DEFI works and once they got the code they knew from there that it will be disruptive. So they had to sue Coinbase next to prevent an avalanche of DEFI products challenging traditional borrowing instruments. Because Coinbase has the most accounts but they don't have a DEFI product out yet.

I've got accounts with Coinbase but Celsius is actually ahead of them with DEFI so I know the SEC purposely did this to stop Coinbase from doing DEFI.

I don't think SEC action will do anything but slow adoption because a number of crypto investigations in the past has turned up nothing but fines and no changes.

The next 5-10 years crypto can easily do 5-20x the current values as long as the print presses are still printing and inflation keeps going and the stock prices are too expensive so crypto is where people will put their 5% asset allocation that will add another 2 trillion easily double the price of all crypto assets.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:35 AM

new blog;
September Halftime Thoughts;

Old 09-16-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
They recently subpoena Compound to try to figure out how DEFI works and once they got the code they knew from there that it will be disruptive. So they had to sue Coinbase next to prevent an avalanche of DEFI products challenging traditional borrowing instruments. Because Coinbase has the most accounts but they don't have a DEFI product out yet.

I've got accounts with Coinbase but Celsius is actually ahead of them with DEFI so I know the SEC purposely did this to stop Coinbase from doing DEFI.

I don't think SEC action will do anything but slow adoption because a number of crypto investigations in the past has turned up nothing but fines and no changes.

The next 5-10 years crypto can easily do 5-20x the current values as long as the print presses are still printing and inflation keeps going and the stock prices are too expensive so crypto is where people will put their 5% asset allocation that will add another 2 trillion easily double the price of all crypto assets.
Yes, DEFI, NFTs, staking, validating, etc. will drive the next big wave.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
new blog;
September Halftime Thoughts;
Link?

Old 09-16-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Link?
I dont think I am allowed to post my personal website on here, so just been using the blog built into this website on the right by the posts total and reps.

It's not much but just some random thoughts on crypto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing