Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 04:23 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,904,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my portfolio just keeps going up and up!!!! america is great again indeed!!!
America always has been great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 04:33 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The Fed expanded their balance sheet at a record pace over the past 3 months, had 3 rate cuts, and the Fed continues to add $50+ billion daily to the repo market ($75 billion more just today). As I said back when all of this started a few months ago, it is going to be very bullish for equities in the shorter-term......
I continue to hear about these monetary injections, but not usually in mainstream media sites. I'm never sure what to believe anymore when it comes to reporting, but it seems to me that if money is just being created like this, it can't end very good. That said, I'm not seeing a consequence thus far, so it doesn't seem like it is problematic. The whole issue leaves me baffled.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:35 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I continue to hear about these monetary injections, but not usually in mainstream media sites. I'm never sure what to believe anymore when it comes to reporting, but it seems to me that if money is just being created like this, it can't end very good. That said, I'm not seeing a consequence thus far, so it doesn't seem like it is problematic. The whole issue leaves me baffled.
The mainstream media isn't going to really discuss the stuff I listed because they know the sheeple might actually think for themselves if they saw what was really occurring behind the curtain. If you want to see the truth about the Fed's record balance sheet expansion over the past 3-6 months, here is a link from the Fed's own website:

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...centtrends.htm

The 3 rate cuts over the past 3-6 months were publicly discussed and easily sourced.

As for the repo market injections, that is the real elephant in the room that is not receiving nearly enough attention. Remember when the repo market stuff first broke a few months ago, the Fed originally said they were only going to prop up the repo markets for one week. Now the Fed wants to do it "indefinitely." Everyone should be asking themselves this - since we have had the loosest monetary policy in history over the past decade, why are banks all of a sudden so afraid to lend to each other that the Fed has to step in and inject $50+ billion DAILY to keep the repo system afloat. Staggering sums of money over the past 3 months. And $52 billion added just yesterday and $75 billion on Thursday.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-add...ns-11579276745

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...ns-11579190460

Old 01-18-2020, 04:05 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
It's fantastic, my balances are well beyond expectations!! If this keeps up, I'll be retiring early!

Old 01-18-2020, 04:28 PM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
It's fantastic, my balances are well beyond expectations!! If this keeps up, I'll be retiring early!
Just bought a very nice custom set of drums ...thank you markets

Old 01-18-2020, 05:35 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,116 times
Early retirement

Custom drums

Oh my … if the pool boy at the Kahala emails me with a stock tip tonight, I'm OUT first thing Tuesday!!!

lol

Old 01-18-2020, 05:37 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Seriously I would...but I have to wait for pension and SS. Still 2 years out.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:44 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Early retirement

Custom drums

Oh my … if the pool boy at the Kahala emails me with a stock tip tonight, I'm OUT first thing Tuesday!!!

lol
We both play the drums so that comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. I'm guessing a custom drum set for mathjak is like pocket change.

However, those that have bailed for whatever reason have not fared well so hopefully the pool boy keeps his mouth shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously I would...but I have to wait for pension and SS. Still 2 years out.
I wish I was only 2 years out, but this market is seriously putting me closer to my goal. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:20 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
I remember not too long ago when VOO was going for 240 and people were saying that was "too expensive"... LOL! Now it's 305 and 240 looks like a fire sale... I wished I had picked up more at that price, uh! I don't think we will ever see 240 again!

Old 01-31-2020, 08:43 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
lost $12K today, easy come, easy go I guess....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing