Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2020, 11:46 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,569,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
Right. So basically, ignore your predictions in 2019 because you made a better prediction in 2020?

Maybe if you make 100 predictions, you can choose to only talk about the 50 you got correct.

I also predicted and timed the mid march bottom. I also put a ton more in TSLA near its 2019 bottom.

I bought bitcoin in 2014-2015, sold in late 2017, then bought back more in later 2019.

Wow don't I sound so smart?

Your takes lack substance and are more trollboy than anything else.

At the end of 2019 I was warning of a hefty correction in early 2020, in mid-March I went in at SPY 230 and said we would be at new record highs in short order. I have detailed my plays along the way. There is more to investing than obsessing over TSLA and Bitcoin all day. You sound like you spend a lot of time on Reddit lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
To be fair, I think the controversy started from the TSLA bears/shorts... I mean even you called TSLA holders equivalent to a cult and having a cult-like mind and mentality... I mean it doesn't get more insulting than that. Now understand these kinds of insults and worse have been thrown since TSLA was $20 (adjusted for split), so keep in mind, hearing the 1,000,000th person jump into the fight now with the same insults, the same arguments that were made at 20, 30, 40, 80, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500... gets very old.

It is very cult-like as evidenced by the responses on here. Zepedo or whatever might be the leader of that cult. I made my call and we will see who is closer to being correct. I am not one of the other TSLA bears along the way. I haven't had anything to say about it until now. I have insults thrown at me just about every single post I make on here so I would suggest all of the TSLA fanboys need to toughen up a little too.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:54 AM

454 posts, read 199,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Try again fanboy. I have detailed all of my calls in 2020 on here and am up YTD 35%+ total portfolio. Has been a record year for me personally. All cash in early 2020, SPY $230 positioning in mid-March, April oil plays, and silver over the summer. Try to keep up. Let's reassess how your Tesla love plays out in 2021 too.

Few were as bearish as I was heading into 2020. Few were as bullish as I was in mid-March. Check out my "moonshot" threads on here. I was calling for SPX 3700 long before any of the WS big boys were.......
To be fair, I don’t think it’s right to judge one’s views on one stock. You can still make money and lots of it even when you are wrong about one stock, just don’t short it. Clearly Heart is an experienced investors with good views but perhaps not on tesla. Heart, no need to defend yourself even without your disclosure of your overall portfolio performance I can tell you have sounds strategies and they work. It’s good to debate individual stocks because I hope most of you are willing to accept new ideas and maybe change our original thought process about a certain stock. I bought NIO again recently at $26 because I have been learning from bmw335xi about how traders think, momentum and stuff (no bmw335xi, you have taught us a lot more than just that but that’s all I could articulate at this point, lol). There is always something to learn about specific views and how people think. I am starting to see Heart’s thought process and they are sound. Tesla is a tough one. Even the biggest bull might agree that lots of the price appreciation was hype and short squeeze perhaps. But there shouldn’t be any argument whether it’s a great car and bright future. Valuation is hard to put a finger on. Experts disagree all the time. I saw heard the investment manager of Ariel Investment on CNBC calling Amazon a great company but bad stock, based on valuation. He says he teaches introduction to stock investing to 8th graders and 80% chose to invest in Amazon; hence his conclusion, don’t buy what all 8th graders buy. Perhaps grasshopper knows better than the master. For those old enough who remember. LOL.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
You and about a million other Tesla bears are predicting this and have been predicting this for the past 8 years. Anyone who knows nothing about stocks can look at the charts and try to predict this and claim "they have a feeling" with no real analysis.

Make your call and we will compare who was closer to being correct next year around this time. I have been predicting it since about last week lol.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:02 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,006,199 times
Quote:
It is very cult-like as evidenced by the responses on here. Zepedo or whatever might be the leader of that cult. I made my call and we will see who is closer to being correct. I am not one of the other TSLA bears along the way. I haven't had anything to say about it until now. I have insults thrown at me just about every single post I make on here so I would suggest all of the TSLA fanboys need to toughen up a little too.

1 of 1 million... each person thought, "this time will be different" eventually like all stocks, it will crash heavily, there are no signs of it happening right now though. I've never seen so many people who don't own a stock become so aggressive towards it or people who own it. I can only imagine most of you shorted it and lost a ton of money and/or you have ego issues, which is the number one rule of investing or trading. If I say XYZ is going to crash and it doesn't, I don't get angry, I probably will buy it. Let your ego go. People are too stuck on making a claim and then when all the evidence comes out, they stick with their claim. If TSLA reverses drops below 379... I have no problem saying, okay this is probably going lower. I just find it funny how people make these claims and come up with excuse after excuse as to why they are still right 10,000% later lol.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:05 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,273,269 times
Quote:
As I have stated I have never really had anything to say about TSLA up until the last 6 months or so. I don't think there has been a stock in the history of the stock market that triggers so many people like yourself when anything remotely negative is said about it. For tracking purposes throughout 2021, how much money do you have in TSLA right now?
You are claiming the market as a whole is going to tank 50-75% next year.

You are claiming (seemingly independent of above) that TSLA will also tank 50% by end of next year.

The 2nd claim you provide really no substance for. Just high P/E which as many have explained isn't necessarily an issue here.

But your first claim may certainly happen, I have no good insight either way. But if it does it will take TSLA down too.

But that won't "count" for your TSLA specific prediction purpose.

As for me, I have mid 4 digit shares. I will be heavily punished if either prediction comes true. I am more tuned to the 2nd as if it happens while the whole market is stable obviously would be indicative of a fundamental revaluation of the Tesla business.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:07 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,273,269 times
Quote:
No no no.

What is your call in 2021? The market as a whole is going to tank, or TSLA alone is going to tank?

Pick one, or it seems like you are just throwing darts all over the place.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
1 of 1 million... each person thought, "this time will be different" eventually like all stocks, it will crash heavily, there are no signs of it happening right now though. I've never seen so many people who don't own a stock become so aggressive towards it or people who own it. I can only imagine most of you shorted it and lost a ton of money and/or you have ego issues, which is the number one rule of investing or trading. If I say XYZ is going to crash and it doesn't, I don't get angry, I probably will buy it. Let your ego go. People are too stuck on making a claim and then when all the evidence comes out, they stick with their claim. If TSLA reverses drops below 379... I have no problem saying, okay this is probably going lower. I just find it funny how people make these claims and come up with excuse after excuse as to why they are still right 10,000% later lol.

For the millionth time, I made this call last week. I have never shorted it. I have no emotions attached to it. I look for bust type opportunities and I think TSLA is a prime candidate SHORTly lol.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
No no no.

What is your call in 2021? The market as a whole is going to tank, or TSLA alone is going to tank?

Pick one, or it seems like you are just throwing darts all over the place.

I made my call on the first post of this thread. Those two calls are not mutually exclusive. The downside risk of TSLA will be exacerbated with a big market downturn. That is the point of my entire call about TSLA!

Old 11-23-2020, 12:21 PM

I think a lot of the Tesla bulls (especially the Reddit and Robinhood crowds) around have never experienced a real market downturn in something like an 08-09 environment. When you get into that kind of environment, valuations really start to matter and increased scrutiny is given to almost everything. Especially things that have been flying high along the way and then all of a sudden start to lose a lot of people a lot of money. Boom cycles no one really cares because liquidity is everywhere and valuations are sky high. But in bust cycles........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing