Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 03:23 PM

481 posts, read 190,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
These miners absolutely exploded this week. MARA went from $10.44 to $26.39 and RIOT went from $16.99 to $26.59. I’m in at $10 and $3.5 respectively and hanging on for dear life. Expecting a bumpy ride ahead!

They are the golden goose that keeps on laying golden eggs every single day. Personal ATM machines!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 04:48 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,193,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bullish View Post
They are the golden goose that keeps on laying golden eggs every single day. Personal ATM machines!
And they’re both up 9% after hours. Never seen anything like this. Are these two trades my ticket to a million? LONG way to go but a ~$12k investment has turned into ~$70k in two months.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Quote:
And they’re both up 9% after hours. Never seen anything like this. Are these two trades my ticket to a million? LONG way to go but a ~$12k investment has turned into ~$70k in two months.
awesome, you're buying the drinks! lol

anyone looked at BLOK?

Old 01-08-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
awesome, you're buying the drinks! lol

anyone looked at BLOK?
Didn’t know about that one but you certainly have me interested.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:37 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:

Hopefully so lol.

I just looked up MARA again and I still have the arrows and lines I drew from last time you asked what does the chart imply. This is why I love chart reading. You know if price action is natural or unnatural. You aren't predicting a fundamental change such as "oh it's up 18% today, okay this is the top, time to go home now" nope, the chart shows perfectly natural behavior, so there is no problem staying the course, there are no violations on the chart to warn the party is over yet. Don't be surprised if another base (rest stop) forms again in the coming week or two. As long as it stays above the 20 day (BLUE line), you can ride the stock as far up as it wants to go with peace of mind knowing that... okay it could go down to the 20 day, I won't be shocked if that happens and if it does go below, well it's been a heck of a ride and exit in style.

Old 01-08-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Hopefully so lol.

I just looked up MARA again and I still have the arrows and lines I drew from last time you asked what does the chart imply. This is why I love chart reading. You know if price action is natural or unnatural. You aren't predicting a fundamental change such as "oh it's up 18% today, okay this is the top, time to go home now" nope, the chart shows perfectly natural behavior, so there is no problem staying the course, there are no violations on the chart to warn the party is over yet. Don't be surprised if another base (rest stop) forms again in the coming week or two. As long as it stays above the 20 day (BLUE line), you can ride the stock as far up as it wants to go with peace of mind knowing that... okay it could go down to the 20 day, I won't be shocked if that happens and if it does go below, well it's been a heck of a ride and exit in style.
Does the same hold true for RIOT’s chart? I have 4x as many shares there.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:11 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Does the same hold true for RIOT’s chart? I have 4x as many shares there.

RIOT just looks like a rocket to be honest lol not much to work with other than it's going to the moon! If you are trying to protect profits without preemptively selling you have two options... well I should say if I were in your position, I would view that I have two good options...

1) Sell if it looks like it will close below the 8-EMA (pink line). It's basically found support there since this move began. It only closed below it twice, when it was basing 12/9 and 12/11. This could knock you out and it just continue higher like it did after these two days. You'd want to wait until 3:50 PM though, this you definitely would want to know it will close below it because it has crossed below, but closed higher on numerous occasions.

2) It has never crossed below the 20 day (blue line) since this move began. This would be the better option if you are okay with giving up some of these gains in a worse case scenario where it free falls one day.... most likely it would just drift sideways or slightly downwards until they meet, so most likely you won't take a 45% hit or whatever the difference is from current price. With your kind of profit cushion, this would be the option I'd take personally.

...or you could do both... sell half position close below 8-EMA, sell the remainder half close or cross below 20 day.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
RIOT just looks like a rocket to be honest lol not much to work with other than it's going to the moon! If you are trying to protect profits without preemptively selling you have two options... well I should say if I were in your position, I would view that I have two good options...

1) Sell if it looks like it will close below the 8-EMA (pink line). It's basically found support there since this move began. It only closed below it twice, when it was basing 12/9 and 12/11. This could knock you out and it just continue higher like it did after these two days. You'd want to wait until 3:50 PM though, this you definitely would want to know it will close below it because it has crossed below, but closed higher on numerous occasions.

2) It has never crossed below the 20 day (blue line) since this move began. This would be the better option if you are okay with giving up some of these gains in a worse case scenario where it free falls one day.... most likely it would just drift sideways or slightly downwards until they meet, so most likely you won't take a 45% hit or whatever the difference is from current price. With your kind of profit cushion, this would be the option I'd take personally.

...or you could do both... sell half position close below 8-EMA, sell the remainder half close or cross below 20 day.
Interesting. I’m usually very conservative but in this case I like option 2 because I feel the miners are still undervalued even after this recent run. Thanks!

Old 01-09-2021, 09:03 AM

481 posts, read 190,671 times
The big question today is will Bitcoin hit the big $50,000 before the end of next week????

Old 03-06-2021, 06:22 PM

1,859 posts, read 799,084 times
Is bitcoin dipping further or going back up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing