Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 07:42 AM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,726 times

Advertisements

BNGO stock if you want to straight gamble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 01:50 PM

13,641 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LottoStocks50 View Post
Thanks but that wouldn't be huge gains I don't think. And all of my friends who trade stocks full time for their jobs say that they will keep going up so I think shorting is betting on it going down.
By one reckoning, "trading stocks full time" - for oneself, as opposed to, for a broker... is a tad exuberantly dicey, no?

Assuming that that the original posting is a legitimate query, and not yet another attempt at whimsy or provocation, then I’d consult the Google Docs spreadsheet of the stocks in our very own City Data Stock Market Game, 2021 edition. Consider the more speculative stocks there, which aim to capture the latest hot trend. That seems to be: electric cars (again!), “hydrogen economy”, and something to do with genetic prognosis or related medicine. Also look at the holdings of the latest darling, the “ARK” funds managed by one Catherine Wood… her name is often mentioned on these very forums.

Lots of speculative stocks there, without being utterly insane. Go find a no-cost broker, and split that $600 into 3 or 4 stocks. And hang on!

Old 01-02-2021, 01:54 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Please explain what bitcoin does, besides be an avenue to use to hide taxes from governments.
Well what does gold do?

Old 01-02-2021, 05:07 PM

481 posts, read 190,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Well what does gold do?
He's said the same thing repeatedly and I keep telling him you can hide out from the taxes in cash and precious metals too. He has to come up with a better argument against Bitcoin but hasn't up until this point.

Old 01-02-2021, 05:53 PM

48 posts, read 31,938 times
Thank you for all of the recommendations. I did buy some Bitcoin this weekend and made about 10% in less than 24 hours and then sold out. I am going to take this money and gains and put most of it on Tesla Monday morning since they reported record numbers this weekend. That should be another 10% or more in 24 hours or at least by the end of the week.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:34 AM

947 posts, read 787,190 times
Hope U bought those LAC options. You'd be up 50%.

Old 01-05-2021, 02:29 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times
Quote:
Thanks I just want to treat it as a long shot on a hot stock not those same big odds in roulette or jackpot. Something a little better chance of winning and of course that would come with a smaller pay out but that is ok with me.
I'd buy 60 shares of LUMN and collect a 10% dividend yield while waiting for the stock to rise. You're betting on 5G telephone service transmission increasing, using lines provided by LUMN in remote areas. Another stock with potential is Ford (F) at $9 a share, but no current dividend.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I want to treat this like a lottery ticket since I just got my $600 stimulus today. The stock market has been doing very well. What is the riskiest bet I can make for the most amount of potential money from this $600? I don't care if I lose it all either since it is house money.

How goes it with the stimulus check investing? After tonight looks like you will be getting another $2K check pretty soon. Any prospects for this one?

Old 01-06-2021, 10:21 PM

48 posts, read 31,938 times
It has been going well made some money on TSLA this week and now looking at some of these other options listed on these posts. I am up over 20% already from when the stimulus money came in. I am hoping we get that other $2,000 check soon because then I will be able to buy even more of these suggestions.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
It has been going well made some money on TSLA this week and now looking at some of these other options listed on these posts. I am up over 20% already from when the stimulus money came in. I am hoping we get that other $2,000 check soon because then I will be able to buy even more of these suggestions.
Yeahhhhh boyyyyyy! 20% in a week is great. Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing