Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 09:28 AM

5,477 posts, read 6,298,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Hmmmm. Seems like the rest of the world doesn't hold your sentiment. As someone who has interest in AMC, I actually took the time to listen to the earnings report today. Judging by your post, you had plenty of time to read the earnings report before submitting your post.

Earnings report:

TL;DR

AMC crushed it.

I'm not sure I would ever describe losing less money than expected to be "crushing it" lol. As a company, AMC is a dumpster full of tires fire. But hey, they're going to accept bitcoin, so I guess all is well, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 09:52 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,891 times
Apparently losing a half billion is “crushing it”

Old 08-12-2021, 11:29 AM

166 posts, read 91,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I went to an AMC theater this past week. It was ancient, the seats were lined up in a row and weren't the theater seating where the seats highest were in the back. It was smelly, musty and the few employees there looked like they were bored out of their minds. I would never base a decision on an investment on one sample size; however, as I've said here before, AMC is closer to $0 than it is to its current levels.
You missed the boat so you’re a little salty it’s ok lol

Old 08-14-2021, 02:23 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,566,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I'm not sure I would ever describe losing less money than expected to be "crushing it" lol. As a company, AMC is a dumpster full of tires fire. But hey, they're going to accept bitcoin, so I guess all is well, right?
Goodness man. lol. They BEAT expectations. You know, they think you will lose a billion and you only lost 250 million? You know, that line that is going up, not down? lol

This guy?

Gee. I hope you're not a business leader. Your company is improving coming out of a frickin pandemic that shut down the world for months and you tell them they suck cause what? They didn't return to black fast enough? lol

Okay.

Old 08-14-2021, 05:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Dumpster fire describes it well.... but I've made two profitable trades on AMC so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3ZzWKXaU4

Old 08-14-2021, 08:11 AM

106,631 posts, read 108,773,903 times
We had the grand kids sleep over for a few days .

We went to see jungle cruise at the amc theater by us ….it was soooooo empty

Old 08-15-2021, 08:51 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
Analysis of AMC by "Doomberg" LOL

https://doomberg.substack.com/p/supe...nment-holdings

Old 08-15-2021, 07:01 PM

13,066 posts, read 7,502,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
We had the grand kids sleep over for a few days .

We went to see jungle cruise at the amc theater by us ….it was soooooo empty
So, did the kiddos enjoy the movie?
I was thinking about going to see this movie to avoid the heat and smoke.
I prefer an empty movie house.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:34 PM

7,645 posts, read 4,594,923 times
Never trust a CEO who's so ambitious he can't even bother to put his pants on each day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1861227.html

Old 08-17-2021, 06:30 AM

9,383 posts, read 8,354,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old96 View Post
You missed the boat so you’re a little salty it’s ok lol
Bawhahahahahaha! No. No. Just No. If I got "salty" for every missed attempt at a stock I'd be a giant salt cube. My portfolio is doing well for me, I'm not a short-term trader as I've repeated here many times, nor will I ever be as risking my assets to scratch the gambling itch just isn't my thing. I like slow and steady and am not into stocks as a get-rich-quick scheme.

Having said that, if I WAS into short-term trades, I SURELY would not be buying or selling any of these meme stocks with their wild swings. Trying to time those swings is an exercise in futility. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing