Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 05:57 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Says the guy who spends his time arguing in crypto threads... About an asset he claims he doesn't care about.

Ah yes, Fidelity, JPMorgan, Elon, and Mark Cuban are all idiots, you're the genius.

They better listen to you! BTC is going to zero!

https://decrypt.co/41863/can-bitcoin...come-worthless
Mark Cuban is a big crypto supporter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 06:01 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Says the guy who spends his time arguing in crypto threads... About an asset he claims he doesn't care about.

Ah yes, Fidelity, JPMorgan, Elon, and Mark Cuban are all idiots, you're the genius.

They better listen to you! BTC is going to zero!

https://decrypt.co/41863/can-bitcoin...come-worthless
I take interest in all assets But that does not mean I recommend them .

I evaluate them as far as what they bring to the party and why and call it as I see it .

Assets should be bought for a purpose and reason and serve a purpose in a portfolio ..other wise they are just blind speculation that counts on the bigger fool theory

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-27-2022 at 06:34 AM..

Old 12-27-2022, 07:15 AM

464 posts, read 314,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I decided to hold off. With all the uncertainty with crypto these days I'll wait till the feds/SEC gets regulatory power over it. As of now, it's just the wild wild west with no accountability. It's a Ponzi scheme at this point you don't know where your money is going.

I sense a lot more Crypto exchanges going under Binance probably next.
Crypto is like tattoo and social media influencers. They will not be going away anytime soon and will increase in prevalence.

Bitcoin is at $16815, now. Let see where it goes in a year.

Old 12-27-2022, 07:41 AM

2,674 posts, read 2,627,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Fidelity to offer crypto investing. Only BTC and ETH at first. This is surprising. I guess I would trust them more than any of the current exchanges.

https://www.fidelity.com/crypto/trading
Not too surprising that Fidelity is offering this.

When the ducks quack, feed them.

It's a wall street proverb that means sell customers whatever it is they want to buy, it doesn't matter what it is. They're there to make money off of customers, nothing more. E.g., they knew most of the dot com companies that went IPO were garbage, but people wanted to buy, so just sell it to them. Everybody (that matters) wins.

Old 12-27-2022, 09:32 AM

464 posts, read 314,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I decided to hold off. With all the uncertainty with crypto these days I'll wait till the feds/SEC gets regulatory power over it. As of now, it's just the wild wild west with no accountability. It's a Ponzi scheme at this point you don't know where your money is going.

I sense a lot more Crypto exchanges going under Binance probably next.
What do you call the stock market? Look at Tesla, Amazon, Google. When was the last year AT&T actually increased shareholder value?

Old 12-27-2022, 12:52 PM

1,855 posts, read 796,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
Crypto is like tattoo and social media influencers. They will not be going away anytime soon and will increase in prevalence.

Bitcoin is at $16815, now. Let see where it goes in a year.

Old 12-27-2022, 01:35 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
What do you call the stock market? Look at Tesla, Amazon, Google. When was the last year AT&T actually increased shareholder value?
Last year T was up 26%, 25% with dividends reinvested. From the first of last year to now it’s up 43%, Tesla is down 65% and 47% respectively over the two time periods.

I bet you didn’t expect that one did ya? If you are starting from now you can go back and look and it’s been up forever

Old 12-28-2022, 04:25 AM

The difference between equities and crypto is, we know what equities respond to….that is expected earnings and revenue.

We have no idea what crypto responds to so far , other then the bigger fool theory

Old 12-28-2022, 04:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
The difference between equities and crypto is, we know what equities respond to….that is expected earnings and revenue.

We have no idea what crypto responds to other then the bigger fool theory
Exactly. Ask those people who held Dutch tulips in the 1600's how things worked out.
I don't see a rebound at all for crypto, I see a continued decline.

Old 12-28-2022, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Exactly. Ask those people who held Dutch tulips in the 1600's how things worked out.
I don't see a rebound at all for crypto, I see a continued decline.
I won’t try to predict .. I just see no link to any reason to own it since we already have better choices to do whatever it was supposed to do.

So in my opinion is is strictly a speculation on nothingness for those who want to take the chance.

It stinks as a currency and way of transacting business , it stinks as a digital equal to gold , and it stinks linking itself to any of our economic outcomes so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing