Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 06:23 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Do you like Schwab? I don’t like being forced to become their customer. Even though they owned TDA for a few years, nothing had changed until now. It’s easy to open a Fidelity account and move cash via an ACAT transaction that usually clears in a day.
Our FA firm used Fidelity then went with TD Ameritrade before it was bought/merged with Schwab
I really liked Fidelity more and like Fidelity’s choices of investments too
I would really like to move back but that would mean changing advisors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2023, 08:00 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Thanks for the info. The Schwab customer agreement mentions that you get a “financial consultant” at Schwab and they may make recommendations on investments. I had no designated financial consultant at TDA nor did I want anyone suggesting investments. Does Schwab actively contact customers and give recommendations?

Old 08-06-2023, 09:10 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
we are assigned a personal rep at fidelity …we do our own investing …

we chat once a year with them .

they suggest nothing unless we ask

Old 08-06-2023, 11:09 AM

7,517 posts, read 13,624,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Thanks for the info. The Schwab customer agreement mentions that you get a “financial consultant” at Schwab and they may make recommendations on investments. I had no designated financial consultant at TDA nor did I want anyone suggesting investments. Does Schwab actively contact customers and give recommendations?
Not in my 30 year experience with Schwab in 2 different States. Maybe a call once a year to say Hello. My "consultants" have always been most helpful when I ask for help with something, like an estate lawyer recommendation, help with first IRA RMD, etc.

Old 08-06-2023, 12:18 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Thanks for the replies on the financial consultants. I never had one at TDA although before the Schwab acquisition a few years ago the manager of a TDA office on Long Island that I never went to started calling and emailing me. I replied I will call if I have any questions. I opened two Fidelity accounts a few months ago and the only personal interaction was when I called with some questions. I don’t have a personal consultant as far as I know at Fidelity.

Old 08-06-2023, 01:35 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
for a personal consultant it takes either a certain amount of money with fidelity or a large amount of trades usually .

we used to have a status called private client …that required 7 figures with them .

you had a personal team and special phone number access .

they then stopped that status and reserved that for only those with 7 figures being managed by fidelity .

we were converted over to VIP access which is like the same thing but different team assigned and we do our own investing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing