Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,508 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Iowa City in the next few months and I am looking for a preschool for my daughter that is either Spanish immersion or involves Spanish or another language in someway in the curriculum. Anyone have knowledge of such a preschool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 07:36 PM

267 posts, read 1,231,816 times
I found one preschool that offers beginning Spanish and sign language, here's their website: Stepping Stone Preschool - Iowa City, IA (http://www.steppingstonespreschool.org/default.htm - broken link)

It's called Stepping Stones Preschool, and it's on the east side of Iowa City. I don't have children, so I don't know much about it, but it looks like a pretty good bet if you're interested in having your child learn some Spanish. I doubt that there are any Spanish immersion preschools in Iowa City, maybe not even in Iowa.

Another site you might want to check out for preschools would be Corridor Child Care: Iowa City Preschool, Coralville Preschool, North Liberty Preschool (http://corridorchildcare.com/preschools.html - broken link)

Hope this helps

(Sorry about the links, apparently I'm too new to post them - you'll just have to copy and paste the URLs...)

Old 11-29-2008, 06:04 PM

2 posts, read 10,904 times
Thumbs up Spanish at Treebrook Preschool

Hello!

At Treebrook Preschool, we incorporate Spanish by singing Spanish songs as part of our Music Together program, and also read lots of children's literature books from other cultures, including Spanish, where much Spanish vocabulary is introduced in context.

We are also using and learning lots of French vocabulary while helping a child become a better English speaker.

1 teacher who has taken Spanish classes
2 teachers who have taken French classes
2 teachers who have taken Italian classes

If you would like to check it out, go to www.treebrook.com

Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 AM

7 posts, read 24,316 times
Default Greetings from Valley Home Prechool

I am a registered in home preschool located off Holiday Rd in Coralville, Iowa. Our curriculum incorporates Spanish into everyday activities such as Calendar, Colors, Clothes, songs and play time. The children love speaking in a different language and once they are introduced they want to learn more! My daughter is four and she loves to try and say different words. Children pick up on words better when they are used in different daily activities or experiences. The more you speak to them about everyday things, the more they pick up.

Most of the Spanish taught is from Mexico, but I also know some Spanish from Spain.
Our favorite recipe to cook is Tamales. The children love the feel of Masa (corn flour) and they are really easy to make.

I believe that culture and language go together, so we do a lot of traditions celebrated in Mexico and other countries.

My Preschool is Valley Home Preschool and ages range from six weeks to eight years old. I worked as a lead preschool teacher and in the special education through the school district so the trainings and knowledge I gained from those experiences I incorporate into my own preschool.

I have a classroom, playroom and decent fenced in yard. Currently, I have a couple openings. To reach me you can email me at ValleyHome@ymail.com or call at 319 354 1633. Thank You!

A great website to help with just about any questions you might have with education:
http://www.internet4classrooms.com/parents (broken link)
Personal Email:brandibrtlng@aol.com

Last edited by Brandibrtlng; 05-13-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 07-19-2011, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,929 times
West Liberty, Iowa (15 miles from Iowa City) has a well established, highly regarded Dual language program, pre K through high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City