U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,442 times

Advertisements

Hi Iowa City folks!

We will be moving out there in about two weeks. Our daughter will be attending Borlaug Elementary in the fall, and I'm hoping to get some information and/or thoughts about the school. I know it is very new and the building and grounds look awesome, but I can find almost no info online on test scores, parent ratings, etc. The one online comment I've been able to locate seemed to be written by a very disgruntled parent who didn't like the principal much, so I'm discounting that.

Any information or impressions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 PM

3,442 posts, read 3,447,523 times
Here is the online link for Borlaug Elementary. Perhaps someone in the school office, or if that office is closed, a person in the school district office can point you toward sources for the detailed info you desire.
Keep in mind that school in the Iowa City district is out or the year so the school district office may be your backup source here.
Browser Not Supported

At the I.C. district site below, note the specific info regarding new students & their registration.
http://www.iowacityschools.org/pages/ICCSD

Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 PM

The Borlaug Elementary link will not load here for me but the site is easily found via an internet search.
Good luck!.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,442 times
Thanks, atler8! I have been in contact with the school about registration, and we've spent a lot of time looking at the school web site. I guess I'm looking for more of an "insiders" take on the school...

I suppose we will find out for ourselves soon enough, though!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 AM

You might get some of your questions answered if you use the "contact us" link at the Borlaug PTO web site. I would attach the link for you but my office firewall usually prevents successful link attachment.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM

1,623 posts, read 2,314,658 times
OP: In the upper right hand corner is the option, "Search this Forum." Click on it and write Borlaug. It will show you all comments regarding Borlaug School. They all look favorable. Good luck!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:48 AM

9,380 posts, read 10,052,983 times
http://www.edline.net/pages/borlaug_elementary_school

Old 07-01-2014, 10:49 AM

179 posts, read 207,322 times
I don't really have any direct insight into the school. Good and bad depends a lot on what you're used to. Some people would say that even the "worst" schools in Iowa City aren't really bad by comparison with a lot of cities. I do know it's a beautiful school in a growing neihborhood and for as much as socio-economics plays in "school quality" I'd guess it must be among the better. So, that surely doesn't give you anything to be "head over heels" about but hopefully it helps you not feel anxious. Welcome to town!

Go Hawks ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or