U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 AM

7,123 posts, read 3,957,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You be the judge of that
Childhood Vaccination Schedules Are Completely Out of Control and Dangerous! | SOTN: Alternative News, Analysis & Commentary

Scroll down for the list of vaccines so casually given to our most vulnerable today...it's not a pretty sight.
Even comparing it to what my kids got in 1983 is crazy. Forget my age. One small pox vax, 4 DPT by 4 years old, and one oral polio vax on a sugar cube in school when I was around 7.

Newborns Hep. B????? I refused that for my kids when their Pediatrician started pushing that. Switched them to a GP and he never said a word about it. I refused it for myself for my job.

It should be a parent's choice. If my kids want to follow today's schedule for their own children, that is their choice, not mine. As a adult, I do not need anyone's permission to refuse so much as a Flu Shot, or a Tetanus.

Edit: My beef is that there are far too many today, and there will be MORE in the future. 200/300 more being tested. Enough is enough.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:44 AM

25,136 posts, read 30,034,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That article says 30 years. lol Do the math. I said my last vax was in 1952. Full series of childhood vaccinations back then is the same as today?
What the article says is that for tetanus protection by the vaccine can last much longer than ten years.

Quote:
Or you can practice good hygiene, keep warm and dry, eat healthy, use clean water....and you won't have to worry about either.
You can practice good hygiene, keep warm and dry, eat healthy, and use clean water, but if you are exposed to measles and are not immune there is a 90% chance you will catch it. It is airborne. Washing your hands will not prevent it and it is not transmitted by food or water.

Quote:
You surely are aware that tetanus can't survive in an oxygen rich environment....right???
So if you're bleeding like crazy, you won't get tetanus.
Yes, I'm willing to accept that risk....should be MY choice.
Bleeding will not guarantee you will not get tetanus. Tetanus has even been reported in the absence of any visible injury.

Quote:
35 million dollers...for 704 cases....you actually BELIEVE that?????

HPV vaccine does not guarantee you won't get cervical cancer.

rotavirus...the one they recalled after it left many infants in extreme pain and discomfort...a third of which required surgery to correct the damage.
All of those people going door to door to identify cases of measles want to get paid. Hospitalization costs thousands per day. The article explains how the estimate is generated.

HPV vaccine reduces the risk of all associated cancers (not just cervical) by about 90%.

There were not "many" cases of intussusception after the original rotavirus vaccine. There were a few. With the current vaccines there may be 40 to 200 vaccine related cases per year in the US with millions of doses administered.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.o...38/3/e20161952

Quote:
4 BILLION and growing...US payouts for vaccine injuries and deaths keeps climbing.............................https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...keep-climbing/
You think that figure shows how bad vaccines are. However, it actually confirms their safety, since the number of paid claims is about one per million doses of vaccines administered. In contrast, the risk of dying in a motor vehicle accident is about one in 500 to one in 600. This is an example of the vaccine refuser's typical inability to evaluate risk.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
That has happened all of the times I cut myself, nail in foot, ripped out toenail, and hitting my head on a tree limb. Blood soaked my hair and ran down into my eyes. It healed on its own.

People today simply do not want to give their bodies a chance to heal on its own.
You very likely were protected against tetanus by your childhood vaccines. Source previously given.

Quote:
You be the judge of that

Scroll down for the list of vaccines so casually given to our most vulnerable today...it's not a pretty sight.
Why is being able to prevent more dangerous diseases a Bad Thing?

Quote:
Even comparing it to what my kids got in 1983 is crazy. Forget my age. One small pox vax, 4 DPT by 4 years old, and one oral polio vax on a sugar cube in school when I was around 7.

Newborns Hep. B????? I refused that for my kids when their Pediatrician started pushing that. Switched them to a GP and he never said a word about it. I refused it for myself for my job.

It should be a parent's choice. If my kids want to follow today's schedule for their own children, that is their choice, not mine. As a adult, I do not need anyone's permission to refuse so much as a Flu Shot, or a Tetanus.

Edit: My beef is that there are far too many today, and there will be MORE in the future. 200/300 more being tested. Enough is enough.
Why is being able to prevent more dangerous diseases a Bad Thing?

Old 05-16-2019, 01:39 PM

5,610 posts, read 3,050,139 times
Quote:
No, I moved out when I was 17 because of an abusive father. Not getting into that. Yes, since I am 70 years old, my luck WILL run out sooner rather than latter. I accept that and have spelled out what I do not want in my Advanced Directive. I have had food poisoning from a store salad bar. Washing my hands or washing the veggies would not have prevented that. S--t happens in life.

I just go with the flow. Whatever happens, happens. You cannot live your life in FEAR. Fear sells all these preventive measures.
Well, agreed you can't live your life in fear, but do you have to lay down in the roadway waiting for the cars to run over you just because death is inevitable?

Hear you with the leaving home at 17. I did the same thing for the same reason. Never regretted it (made the old man furious, though).

Quote:
SO typical....you just can't get past the "fake report", and your favorite actress.
You just love to refer back to them...over and over, and over...
Keep getting your shots...be happy
Way to dodge the question. Started Laurie Garrett's book yet? It's about 600 pages so it might be a little beyond your ability.

Quote:
You surely are aware that tetanus can't survive in an oxygen rich environment....right???
So if you're bleeding like crazy, you won't get tetanus.
Yes, I'm willing to accept that risk....should be MY choice.
No, the problem is, it should be OUR choice. If you get tetanus and run up an $800,000 bill, the odds are really good the taxpayer will be paying it. That means the rest of us are paying for your stupidity.

Quote:
Ridiculous...at best....
The gov doesn't have to fool you into buying more soap, or staying clean, or eating healthy....they've already got you fooled into thinking a vaccine will take care of all that for you.
Refusing the toxins in vaccines doesn't mean that one is not health conscious...if anything it would be the opposite...people thinking if they get the vaccine they don't need to worry about it.
Sooo...what are you saying? That people who get vaccinated aren't clean?

And I hate to poke a hole in your non-existent theory, but don't you think if vaccines had toxins, we'd already be dead? I've had vaccinations for measles, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, shingles, pneumonia, flu, and two different kinds of hepatitis. I'm still here and aggravating you.

Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? Mid-life crisis.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:16 PM

10,852 posts, read 6,352,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
No, the problem is, it should be OUR choice. If you get tetanus and run up an $800,000 bill, the odds are really good the taxpayer will be paying it. That means the rest of us are paying for your stupidity.
Why would you assume that taxpayers would be picking up the tab for someone else’s medical costs? Are you assuming that anyone who is not 100% vaccinated is on medicaid?

There are about 30 cases of tetanus every year in the US that we don’t hear anything about.

Quote:
And I hate to poke a hole in your non-existent theory, but don't you think if vaccines had toxins, we'd already be dead? I've had vaccinations for measles, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, shingles, pneumonia, flu, and two different kinds of hepatitis. I'm still here and aggravating you.
I take it you’ve never looked to see what ingredients are in vaccines.

Quote:
Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? Mid-life crisis.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Why would you assume that taxpayers would be picking up the tab for someone else’s medical costs? Are you assuming that anyone who is not 100% vaccinated is on medicaid?
Do you really think that child's parents will be paying that bill?

If he has Medicaid, the taxpayers pay it.

If he has commercial insurance the insurance company may increase the premiums for everyone on the same plan or for the employer the parent works for.

If he is uninsured the hospital will probably have to absorb all or most of the cost. That will show up in increases in what the hospital charges everyone.

Quote:
There are about 30 cases of tetanus every year in the US that we don’t hear anything about.
The reason we do not hear about more is because the country vaccinates against the disease. Almost all cases have never been vaccinated or have not had the appropriate boosters.

Quote:
I take it you’ve never looked to see what ingredients are in vaccines.
If you understand a little biochemistry the ingredients in vaccines are not scary at all.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:42 AM

8,072 posts, read 9,644,709 times
This thread is still going on?! Have any of the anti vaxers on here picked up measles yet?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:13 AM

13,049 posts, read 16,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
This thread is still going on?! Have any of the anti vaxers on here picked up measles yet?
No...have any pro-vaxers picked them up yet?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:24 AM

13,049 posts, read 16,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

So what do you say to the parents whose children were damaged by vaccines...do you call them stupid too??

As of March 1/2016, 3.2 BILLION dollers have already been paid out as "compensation" to parents whose children were severely disabled or died after receiving vaccines.

Are you OK with paying for that???>?

Old 05-17-2019, 10:23 AM

1,621 posts, read 2,312,263 times
Default Today from the University of Iowa in Iowa City

Iowa leads research in how measles spreads

Measles spreads rapidly from cell to cell in the airway epithelial layer creating patches of infected cells called infectious centers (green cells in the image).

Patrick Sinn, PhD, University of Iowa associate professor of pediatrics and microbiology and immunology, has been studying how measles infects humans since he was a graduate student at Iowa almost two decades ago.
In various studies, including collaboration with colleagues at Mayo Clinic, Sinn’s work has shown how the virus enters the body via immune system cells in the airway. These measles-infected immune cells then ferry the virus across the epithelial barrier and on to the lymph nodes. From there, the virus spreads through the body. The last cells to be infected are the airway epithelial cells before the virus leaves the host and infects the next person.

Suprising research results

In 2002, Sinn showed that measles can only enter airway epithelial cells from the underside (not the airway surface side). This surprising and totally unexpected finding changed the textbook accounts of how measles infects people and led to the current understanding that these airway cells are in fact the last cells infected by measles virus as it works its way into and then out of human bodies.
“There’s a lot to know about this very successful pathogen,” Sinn says. “For example, why measles is so contagious is still an unanswered question.”
In his more recent studies, Sinn’s lab has shown that once the measles virus is inside airway cells it spreads rapidly from cell to cell. This sideways spread through the epithelial layer creates blooms or patches of infected cells that Sinn terms infectious centers. Sinn’s team, including Cami Hippee and Brajesh Singh, PhD, is investigating the role infectious centers play in the disease’s super ability to escape from the host and infect others.
“I’m convinced the infectious centers are important, and this work could suggest a new paradigm for how measles can spread from person to person,” Sinn says.

Measles on the rise

This year the United States is experiencing its worst measles outbreak since 2000, when the disease was declared to have been eliminated. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports more than 800 cases in 2019 already, compared to less than 400 in 2018.

According to the CDC:
  • Measles can cause blindness, deafness, and brain damage.
  • Statistically, as many as two in every 1,000 cases of measles may result in death.
  • Young children, especially infants, are most vulnerable to the severe effects of the disease.
  • On average, one person with measles will likely infect 12 to 18 non-immune people. Compare that with the flu virus, where two to five others may be infected, or smallpox, where five to seven others may be infected.
  • An infected person sheds the measles virus for days before they show symptoms.
  • The airborne measles virus can survive for several hours after it has been expressed through coughing or sneezing.
  • Measles has been observed to wipe out immune memory for other pathogens, so you can lose immunity you’ve already acquired from vaccination or from having had a disease.
  • Vaccination rates for measles in some parts of the country have dropped below the 95 percent needed to keep the disease in check.
On these findings Sinn says: “In some ways the success of the vaccine has created the problem where people have forgotten how deadly measles can be. If the virus infects everyone and 0.1 or 0.2 percent die, that’s still a lot of deaths. In this case, prevention is better than treatment, so whatever can be done to convince people to get vaccinated is critical. But, anything we can learn about how the virus spreads could help in the future.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City