U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-17-2019, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
25,218 posts, read 30,070,230 times
Reputation: 31342

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
This thread is still going on?! Have any of the anti vaxers on here picked up measles yet?
If not, it is because they were not exposed, protected by herd immunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
No...have any pro-vaxers picked them up yet?
Unlikely, since the vaccine is 97% effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
So what do you say to the parents whose children were damaged by vaccines...do you call them stupid too??

As of March 1/2016, 3.2 BILLION dollers have already been paid out as "compensation" to parents whose children were severely disabled or died after receiving vaccines.

Are you OK with paying for that???>?
The number who actually have adverse reactions to vaccines is incredibly tiny. You Tube videos claiming "vaccine injury" are not proof of such an adverse reaction.

Compensation for an alleged adverse reaction is also not proof that the vaccine caused the adverse event. The court decided only that it might have.

From the vaccine court website:

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compens...ata/index.html

"What does it mean to be awarded compensation?

Being awarded compensation for a petition does not necessarily mean that the vaccine caused the alleged injury. In fact:

Approximately 70% of all compensation awarded by the VICP comes as result of a negotiated settlement between the parties in which HHS has not concluded, based upon review of the evidence, that the alleged vaccine(s) caused the alleged injury."

"Since 1988, over 20,629 petitions have been filed with the VICP. Over that 30-year time period, 17,875 petitions have been adjudicated, with 6,551 of those determined to be compensable, while 11,324 were dismissed. Total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately $4.1 billion."

Therefore, that $4.1 billion was paid to 6,551 people over 30 years, for 70% of whom it was not concluded that the vaccine was at fault. That is 6,551 people out of billions of doses of vaccines administered, at a rate of about one per million doses.

You might consider that mentioning $4.1 billion without telling folks how many people were compensated is being misleading. Perhaps you should also consider not doing that in the future.

Those awards are paid out of an excise tax charged to the manufacturer for each dose of vaccine distributed. If you do not use vaccines you do not pay a single penny into the fund.

I am perfectly happy paying it because the fund provides generous awards to those who have genuine adverse reactions.

 
Old 05-17-2019, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Washington state
5,610 posts, read 3,054,633 times
Reputation: 17280
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Why would you assume that taxpayers would be picking up the tab for someone else’s medical costs? Are you assuming that anyone who is not 100% vaccinated is on medicaid?

There are about 30 cases of tetanus every year in the US that we don’t hear anything about.

I take it you’ve never looked to see what ingredients are in vaccines.


Because most people, especially people who don't vaccinate, aren't going to have health plans that cover up to almost a million dollars worth of medical care, that's why.

And as for ingredients that go into vaccines, are we talking about things like formaldehyde? Because that same formaldehyde is found naturally in a 2 month old infant's blood and is ten times greater than the amount found in any vaccine. A pear contains around 50 times more formaldehyde than is found in any vaccine. Those scary kinds of ingredients?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
So what do you say to the parents whose children were damaged by vaccines...do you call them stupid too??

As of March 1/2016, 3.2 BILLION dollers have already been paid out as "compensation" to parents whose children were severely disabled or died after receiving vaccines.

Are you OK with paying for that???>?
The drug companies are paying for that.

As to the children who have been "damaged" by vaccines, why don't I hear you complaining about the number of children and adults who have been injured by airbags? Automakers have paid out on those too, but you don't hear people clamoring to have them taken out. As a matter of fact, since you're so all fired up about children's health, why aren't you leading a national discourse on the number of children left to die in hot cars every year? Personally, I think that's far more worrisome than kids getting vaccines, and hot car deaths are 100% preventable.
 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:12 PM
 
10,901 posts, read 6,374,941 times
Reputation: 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Because most people, especially people who don't vaccinate, aren't going to have health plans that cover up to almost a million dollars worth of medical care, that's why.
What a strange assumption.
 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:15 PM
 
10,901 posts, read 6,374,941 times
Reputation: 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Pap smears for HPV? How does a Pap help prevent throat cancer ... in a man?

I also asked you to comment on this post and you never did. Perhaps you will now? Any idea how much the treatment for stage IIB cervical cancer cost in dollars, just ignoring the associated misery involved?

//www.city-data.com/forum/55034057-post47.html

"I sure wish the vaccine existed so that I wouldn't have been diagnosed with stage IIB cervical cancer in 2002 which is termed advanced. After several weeks of chemo, 55 radiation treatments at the same time as chemo, and then a radiation implant where I had to lay in one position for 4 days straight in the hospital, I have ended up okay. Now, I am at risk of complications from living so long and having had so much radiation-bladder and bowel blockages and not being able to hold urine, I am so glad and fortunate that the medical community was there to help me, including the drug industry. I am alive, work full-time, and am a positive contributor to society.

BTW, don't tell me either that it was my own fault. I had gyn exams and pap smears regularly. It was probably because no thin-prep pap smear existed then. Another upgrade from old school pap smears may have caught things much earlier."
Interesting info.
https://www.alabamanewscenter.com/20...th-study-says/

Quote:
USA Health researchers studying HPV vaccination rates in Alabama have made a surprising discovery: Counties with higher rates of HPV-related cancers also showed higher HPV vaccination rates, according to research presented at the Society of Gynecologic Oncology’s Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer.

“It was exactly the opposite of what we expected,” said Dr. Jennifer Young Pierce, who heads Cancer Control and Prevention at USA Health Mitchell Cancer Institute. “We found that the higher the rate of cancer in the county, the higher the rate of vaccination.”
 
Old 05-17-2019, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
25,218 posts, read 30,070,230 times
Reputation: 31342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You may want to read the article again. It does not conclude what you think it does.

"The seven counties with the highest HPV vaccination rates were both rural and low income, Pierce said. 'The main takeaway is that perception of high cancer risk overcomes traditional disparities that can affect HPV vaccine uptake.'”

In other words, in counties with high cancer rates more people are taking the vaccine because it prevents cancer.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 09:32 AM
 
Location: North Dakota
8,086 posts, read 9,655,948 times
Reputation: 11945
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
No...have any pro-vaxers picked them up yet?
No, because they have ****ing vaccines.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 AM
 
10,901 posts, read 6,374,941 times
Reputation: 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
No, because they have ****ing vaccines.
If that is the case then why worry about those who don’t have them?
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 AM
 
Location: North Dakota
8,086 posts, read 9,655,948 times
Reputation: 11945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If that is the case then why worry about those who don’t have them?
I'm not worried about the ones who CHOOSE not to get them. If they die of a preventable disease it gets their stupid ass out of the gene pool. However, I do worry for the ones who legitimately CAN'T get vaccinated. Big difference.
 
Old 05-18-2019, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
25,218 posts, read 30,070,230 times
Reputation: 31342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If that is the case then why worry about those who don’t have them?
Because

1. No vaccine is perfect. They all have failure rates.

2. People who are immunosupressed cannot take some vaccines and may lose protection from those they have taken.

3. Children may not be completely immunized yet even if they are on schedule, especially infants under age one year.

You know all of that, though, don't you?
 
Old 05-18-2019, 12:07 PM
 
10,901 posts, read 6,374,941 times
Reputation: 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I'm not worried about the ones who CHOOSE not to get them. If they die of a preventable disease it gets their stupid ass out of the gene pool. However, I do worry for the ones who legitimately CAN'T get vaccinated. Big difference.
That’s a pretty small number of people. Some of the people who have been injured by vaccines are in the group of “can’t get vaccinated” and I highly doubt that group would favor eliminating vaccine exemptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top