Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 12:58 PM

10,238 posts, read 13,747,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It highlights your PHONY concerns.

Lots of vaccinated people get diseases...many times for the very disease they were vaccinated for.

do some research instead of relying and believing gov and CDC web sites...it's amazing that you actually believe that only few children are seriously damaged or die from vaccines.
And exactly which sources are you using. It's called science. Some of us passed it in high school.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:08 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,323,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
And exactly which sources are you using. It's called science. Some of us passed it in high school.
While others choose to ignore well-researched sources and cherry-pick the ones that match their skewed viewpoints, regardless of whether any of it has been proven or has any basis in science (like the autism/vaccination connection nonsense that has been debunked so many times that it isn't worth discussing anymore).

Old 06-06-2019, 06:39 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,588,628 times
Quote:

Science is ever evolving and never fixed. If you believe, “the science is settled” then you’ve been had.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:53 PM

36,973 posts, read 40,923,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It highlights your PHONY concerns.

Lots of vaccinated people get diseases...many times for the very disease they were vaccinated for.

do some research instead of relying and believing gov and CDC web sites...it's amazing that you actually believe that only few children are seriously damaged or die from vaccines.
Some vaccinated people get the diseases they are vaccinated for, but the risk is a lot smaller than for those who are not vaccinated. Measles for example: the risk is 30 times higher if you are not vaccinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Science is ever evolving and never fixed. If you believe, “the science is settled” then you’ve been had.
Wrong. There is established science, and science builds on what we already know as it evolves. Take evolution, for example. What Darwin discovered has been upheld by newer evidence, including genetics.

There is no evidence that vaccines cause autism.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:12 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,020,437 times
Quote:
How often are vaccinated people getting these diseases?
Disneyland outbreak 2015: Out of the 66 people who were old enough to have been immunized & had verified immunization records; sixty-two percent (41) were unimmunized. Fifteen percent (10) had 1 MMR, Nineteen percent (13) had 2 MMRs & 3%(2) had 3 MMRs.

A 2003 outbreak in a Pennsylvania boarding school resulted in 9 cases; two were unvaccinated with any measles-containing vaccine (MCV), 1 received 1 dose of MCV, and 6 received 2 doses of MCV.

Whew! Congratulations on Rockland, CDC; you finally got your token outbreak! Provided that you can go for four years without having one of your senior scientists confessing to cooking your books (like with the big Autism risk/MMR study in 2004); you will finally get your green light to commit gross violations of human rights!

Quote:
The supposed cases of autism? How many children really are permanently damaged?
WHAT? Supposed cases of Autism ... Unfortunately, I know better than to think that you couldn’t possibly be representative of the pro-vaxx community; in terms of intellect, education & compassion.

You are actually a very good example of them.

And this, is why parents of children with Autism ... like me; must live forever. This is why, those of you who are senior citizens, as you succumb to aches, pains & declining health; this is why you should be afraid of aging alone. Sometimes becoming invisible is not a super power.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Disneyland outbreak 2015: Out of the 66 people who were old enough to have been immunized & had verified immunization records; sixty-two percent (41) were unimmunized. Fifteen percent (10) had 1 MMR, Nineteen percent (13) had 2 MMRs & 3%(2) had 3 MMRs.
How many vaccinated people who were exposed at Disney did not catch measles?

Quote:
A 2003 outbreak in a Pennsylvania boarding school resulted in 9 cases; two were unvaccinated with any measles-containing vaccine (MCV), 1 received 1 dose of MCV, and 6 received 2 doses of MCV.
You neglected to provide a link to this, but it was easy to find.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16322148

There were 663 students at the school, 629 (about 95%) of whom had had two doses of vaccine. The vaccine was 98.6% effective after two doses, slightly less for those who received vaccine outside the US.

Eight students were completely unvaccinated.

That means that 6 out of 629 fully vaccinated students got measles and 2 out of 8 who were unvaccinated got sick.

If you are going to tell us how many got sick in an outbreak you really need to tell us how many did not.

Quote:
Whew! Congratulations on Rockland, CDC; you finally got your token outbreak! Provided that you can go for four years without having one of your senior scientists confessing to cooking your books (like with the big Autism risk/MMR study in 2004); you will finally get your green light to commit gross violations of human rights!
Token outbreak? The Rockland outbreak is typical, not an outlier.

Cooking the books? You mean Thompson? No books were cooked. Thompson was wrong, which is why we have not heard a peep out of him since he was secretly recorded and outed. By the way, if you think that study showed that MMR caused autism in a handful of black boys you have to concede that the study showed it did not do so in black girls or white children, and then you have to develop a plausible explanation why that would be so. Are you ready to do that? By the way, those black boys had been diagnosed with autism before they received the MMR.

Violations of human rights? What violations? Hyperbole much?

Quote:
WHAT? Supposed cases of Autism ... Unfortunately, I know better than to think that you couldn’t possibly be representative of the pro-vaxx community; in terms of intellect, education & compassion.

You are actually a very good example of them.

And this, is why parents of children with Autism ... like me; must live forever. This is why, those of you who are senior citizens, as you succumb to aches, pains & declining health; this is why you should be afraid of aging alone. Sometimes becoming invisible is not a super power.

Supposed cases of autism due to vaccines. We understand that you are absolutely convinced that vaccines cause autism. You keep digging and digging but the evidence is just not there. The autism experts have moved on to more fruitful lines of research, like genetics. It is time to stop wasting time and money on scapegoating vaccines for autism. It is also time to get more resources available for families like yours. A minuscule fraction of what has been wasted chasing vaccines as a cause of autism could have provided you and others like you with respite care.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,020,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How many vaccinated people who were exposed at Disney did not catch measles?
The poster specifically asked about the vaccinated who did.

Quote:
If you are going to tell us how many got sick in an outbreak you really need to tell us how many did not.
I was actually intrigued by that report due to the 1 dose versus two dose ratio. It is an anomalous occurrence. The reason it is intriguing; is that it contradicts the epidemiology used to validate the 2 dose MMR schedule.

Obviously, both the epidemiology & biology favors the MMR over no MMR for immunity from Measles. Who cares? The science being used to support any vaccine as safe does not meet the standards of the law.
Blasting epidemiological studies at me in order to tip the scales to 'safe' is not impressive to me. It obviously works for many; simple minds do think alike.

Quote:
Token outbreak? The Rockland outbreak is typical, not an outlier. Cooking the books? You mean Thompson? No books were cooked. Thompson was wrong, which is why we have not heard a peep out of him since he was secretly recorded and outed.
Oh who cares about Thompson ... he didn't have what it takes to be a hero & now he's fodder for comedy. It's just funny that all's the CDC has ever had is that crapton of epidemiology & then Bozo comes along & confesses that even that wasn't obtained ethically.

Quote:
The autism experts have moved on to more fruitful lines of research, like genetics. It is time to stop wasting time and money on scapegoating vaccines for autism. It is also time to get more resources available for families like yours. A minuscule fraction of what has been wasted chasing vaccines as a cause of autism could have provided you and others like you with respite care.
LOL; really? Resources to provide respite? I don't want a respite. It's way too late for respite.

I've got a great kid here, who just happens to be more impaired than many of the kids who are institutionalized with autism. He would be also; if I were dead, or one of those 'I'm entitled to be happy' people. You know what Medicaid pays per day for a kid like mine? $432 a day. A day. He regressed into Autism 13 years ago ...

So, I just spent 13 years losing $1 Million in wages & providing over $2 Million in services & you think you could help me with a respite care worker who gets to earn a living wage & ... for what? So I could return to the working world as a 51-year-old female with a 13-year absence from employment & only 15 years paid into social security?

I just realized I've been trafficked by my own Dept. of Health & Human Services but anyway; there are no 'autism experts'. The closest we have are Immunology experts. And many of them are already working on autism. That's weird.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:34 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,202,031 times
Quote:

I was actually intrigued by that report due to the 1 dose versus two dose ratio. It is an anomalous occurrence. The reason it is intriguing; is that it contradicts the epidemiology used to validate the 2 dose MMR schedule.

Obviously, both the epidemiology & biology favors the MMR over no MMR for immunity from Measles. Who cares? The science being used to support any vaccine as safe does not meet the standards of the law.
Blasting epidemiological studies at me in order to tip the scales to 'safe' is not impressive to me. It obviously works for many; simple minds do think alike.

Oh who cares about Thompson ... he didn't have what it takes to be a hero & now he's fodder for comedy. It's just funny that all's the CDC has ever had is that crapton of epidemiology & then Bozo comes along & confesses that even that wasn't obtained ethically.

LOL; really? Resources to provide respite? I don't want a respite. It's way too late for respite.

I've got a great kid here, who just happens to be more impaired than many of the kids who are institutionalized with autism. He would be also; if I were dead, or one of those 'I'm entitled to be happy' people. You know what Medicaid pays per day for a kid like mine? $432 a day. A day. He regressed into Autism 13 years ago ...

So, I just spent 13 years losing $1 Million in wages & providing over $2 Million in services & you think you could help me with a respite care worker who gets to earn a living wage & ... for what? So I could return to the working world as a 51-year-old female with a 13-year absence from employment & only 15 years paid into social security?

I just realized I've been trafficked by my own Dept. of Health & Human Services but anyway; there are no 'autism experts'. The closest we have are Immunology experts. And many of them are already working on autism. That's weird.
As far as attendance at Disney, they won't talk about attendance, but it's estimated that it's about 44,000 people daily. Christmas morning 2014, which was during the outbreak, attendance was estimated at 80,000 people. So 25 immunized people out of somewhere between 44,000 and 80,000 got measles. That's d*mn good vaccine efficacy!
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...519-story.html

Cute little micro-aggression there. I thought you were better than that!

Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
He asked, "How often are vaccinated people getting these diseases?"

You posted misleading information by not including the size of the exposed vaccinated population. Considering that the number of people exposed at Disney was enormous the implication is that a large number of vaccinated people were exposed but did not get sick.

Quote:
There is nothing anomalous about it at all. Twenty six students had received one dose; one of those got measles: 3.8%. Six of 629 who got measles had two doses: 0.95%. the risk for one dose is 4 times the risk for two doses.

Quote:
Blasting epidemiological studies at me in order to tip the scales to 'safe' is not impressive to me. It obviously works for many.
Who cares? Measles is not a trivial disease. It kills people and can cause survivors to have permanent disabilities.

Standards of what law?

I realize that you dislike epidemiology because it does not support what you believe to be true. It does not require your belief in it to be true.

Quote:
Well, what did you mean by, "Provided that you can go for four years without having one of your senior scientists confessing to cooking your books (like with the big Autism risk/MMR study in 2004)"?

If you were not referring to Thompson, then who? Source?

CDC has done nothing unethical, and Thompson was wrong. His criticism of the study was refuted by external review. No books were "cooked."

Quote:

I fear you do not understand what respite means. Would you really not like to have some time to yourself just to relax, maybe read a book, go to a museum, go for a walk?

Quote:
Of course there are autism experts. You just do not want to hear what they have to say.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:34 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,194,633 times
Quote:
Yes...I was an A student in science and math.
Still love it..still read a lot of published medical abstracts and journals...still peruse the news daily on the newest scientific discoveries, inventions, and medical FACTS...not propaganda.

Last edited by purehuman; 06-19-2019 at 07:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City