U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 03:17 PM

10,934 posts, read 6,394,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave198112 View Post
Hi All!

I am new to Iowa City and I am looking for a pediatrician who is OK with delayed vaccine schedule. I decided to start vaccinating my kids after they reach two years old. Any suggestions!
Weird that your thread has been completely taken over by people who live in Georgia, Colorado, etc. and who have used it as an opportunity to promote vaccines. Since your post is from 2017, I’m guessing you’ve already found a pediatrician. Hope you found a good fit.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:41 PM

25,334 posts, read 30,140,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Weird that your thread has been completely taken over by people who live in Georgia, Colorado, etc. and who have used it as an opportunity to promote vaccines. Since your post is from 2017, I’m guessing you’ve already found a pediatrician. Hope you found a good fit.
Oh, you live in Iowa?

For some reason I thought it was Colorado.

Would you care to comment on this post, since you believe that Pap smears are the answer to HPV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldcollegealum View Post
I sure wish the vaccine existed so that I wouldn't have been diagnosed with stage IIB cervical cancer in 2002 which is termed advanced. After several weeks of chemo, 55 radiation treatments at the same time as chemo, and then a radiation implant where I had to lay in one position for 4 days straight in the hospital, I have ended up okay. Now, I am at risk of complications from living so long and having had so much radiation-bladder and bowel blockages and not being able to hold urine, I am so glad and fortunate that the medical community was there to help me, including the drug industry. I am alive, work full-time, and am a positive contributor to society.

BTW, don't tell me either that it was my own fault. I had gyn exams and pap smears regularly. It was probably because no thin-prep pap smear existed then. Another upgrade from old school pap smears may have caught things much earlier.
Happy you are still with us!

Old 05-01-2019, 04:47 PM

10,934 posts, read 6,394,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Oh, you live in Iowa?
Nope, sure don’t. Just noticed the thread title and looked to see that it had been taken over by the usual vaccine pushers. How is the weather in Georgia?

Old 05-01-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Nope, sure don’t. Just noticed the thread title and looked to see that it had been taken over by the usual vaccine pushers. How is the weather in Georgia?
Weather is beautiful. Everything's covered in about an inch of pine pollen, though. Even the air has a yellow tint.

What do you think of springfieldcollegealum's story?

Old 05-06-2019, 09:09 AM

13,051 posts, read 16,124,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedLife View Post
Funny how unwilling some people are to believe some facts widely reported in the news -- that hundreds of people are dying from measles in another country, something very visible and tangible -- and on the flip side, those same people are willing to believe the repeatedly debunked theory (not a fact, not an observable phenomenon) that the measles vaccine causes autism. I'll never understand the contradiction.

the choices people make based on misinformation end up threatening those freedoms. Therefore, we as a nation have to start looking at putting laws into the place where common sense used to stand. Those who scream for "medical freedom" are the very ones forcing the need for these laws to keep herd immunity at protective levels.

You are extremely misinformed about profits when it comes to vaccines. They are not the big money makers for pharmaceutical companies. ,
You'll "never understand the contradiction" because the cdc has you in their pocket....right where they want you....they LOVE you!!!!!

Having a choice about what we put in our bodies does NOT threaten you in any way. It's YOU who would take away our freedom to make that choice....YOU are the threat to freedom

Your common sense is not GOOD common sense to me.

It's pitiful that the so called "debunked theory" is continually brought up...over and over....especially when the "theory" has been shown to be true...The mans been vindicated many times over, but you've chosen to ignore that proof and stick with the same O..same O....

If you believe what the news tells you...go with it. Let them tell you when to vaccinate...just don't figure that all of us are like you and want someone else to tell us what we should or shouldn't do with OUR bodies.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/big-ph...market/5503945

Vaccines make HUGE profits for pharmacautical companies...don't fool yourself.
Especially for infants....HUGE PROFITS!!!

Old 05-06-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
You do know the vaccine causes autism theory has been completely debunked? .
Tell me about it...seriously....how has it been "debunked".

Old 05-06-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You'll "never understand the contradiction" because the cdc has you in their pocket....right where they want you....they LOVE you!!!!!

Having a choice about what we put in our bodies does NOT threaten you in any way. It's YOU who would take away our freedom to make that choice....YOU are the threat to freedom

It's pitiful that the so called "debunked theory" is continually brought up...over and over....especially when the "theory" has been shown to be true...The mans been vindicated many times over, but you've chosen to ignore that proof and stick with the same O..same O....

If you believe what the news tells you...go with it. Let them tell you when to vaccinate...just don't figure that all of us are like you and want someone else to tell us what we should or shouldn't do with OUR bodies.

Your choice about what you put in your body does not trump the right of the public to not be exposed to preventable diseases which can cause disability and death.

Believe Wakefield if you wish. People are getting sick and some are dying because of him. He has not been "vindicated."

Pharma makes a profit. So what? It must make a profit to stay in business, and most could make more money on other drugs. They certainly would make more treating vaccine preventable diseases. For example:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-...re-800-n981256

What was spent on that single case could fully vaccinate almost 500 children.

Vaccines save money for the healthcare system.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5402432/

"A recent analysis of vaccines to protect against 13 diseases estimated that for a single birth cohort nearly 20 million cases of diseases were prevented, including over 40,000 deaths (4). In addition to saving the lives of our children, vaccination has resulted in net economic benefits to society amounting to almost $69 billion in the United States alone."

It's a bit dishonest to talk about vaccine profit and ignore the cost of treating the diseases they prevent, don't you think?

Quote:
Tell me about it...seriously....how has it been "debunked".
From a national autism organization:

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science...nes-and-autism

"A meta-analysis of ten studies involving more than 1.2 million children reaffirms that vaccines don’t cause autism. If anything, immunization was associated with decreased risk that children would develop autism, a possibility that’s strongest with the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine."

"• There was no relationship between vaccination and autism (OR: 0.99; 95% CI: 0.92 to 1.06).

• There was no relationship between vaccination and ASD [autism spectrum disorder] (OR: 0.91; 95% CI: 0.68 to 1.20).

• There was no relationship between [autism/ASD] and MMR (OR: 0.84; 95% CI: 0.70 to 1.01).

• There was no relationship between [autism/ASD] and thimerosal (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.77 to 1.31).

• There was no relationship between [autism/ASD] and mercury (Hg) (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.93 to 1.07).

By “autism,” the researchers are referring to “autistic disorder,” a term generally reserved for those on the most severely affected end of the autism spectrum."

OR is odds ratio. A ratio of 1.0 means the risks were equal in the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups. A ratio of less than 1.0 means the risk was less in the vaccinated group. CI is the confidence interval. If it includes 1.0 the difference is not statistically significant.

That is on top of the mounds of other studies showing no evidence that vaccines cause autism.

The autism experts do not believe it.

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/an...united-states/

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 05-06-2019 at 09:57 AM..

Old 05-06-2019, 06:53 PM

518 posts, read 321,268 times
Quote:

Decades ago, my grandmother's baby brother died from the measles. He developed encephalitis, a known potential complication of the viral infection. She felt, for the rest of her life, guilty and at fault for his death because she had caught the measles first (as a little girl) and brought it home, and he had caught it from her.

My children will not suffer from the same scenario and I am so thankful for that. If that puts me "in the CDC's pocket" then so be it. We accept this medical progress and live more freely because of it.

And again, Wakefield's "study" (or whatever it was - more like complete fabrication) has been proven false BUT even if it weren't, I'd take an autistic baby over a dead baby. Every. Single. Time. That choice will never ever change. I wonder how this has become a justification for rejecting vaccines. It's basically clearly siding with potential painful death over potential cognitive disability, because the potential death outcome is a reality proven true, sadly, even today. What does this say about those who choose to believe this theory and therefore reject vaccines? They're so terrified of disability they'd rather risk their children's painful deaths?

I'll never understand it. Never.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 PM

518 posts, read 321,268 times
Quote:
Happily and fully vaccinated Iowa resident here.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedLife View Post
. It's basically clearly siding with potential painful death over potential cognitive disability, because the potential death outcome is a reality proven true, sadly, even today. What does this say about those who choose to believe this theory and therefore reject vaccines? They're so terrified of disability they'd rather risk their children's painful deaths?

I'll never understand it. Never.
And I'll never understand your embracing disability....another "reality proven true".

You have no idea of why a parent refuses vaccines for their children...you only make pathetic guesses.
How many ADULTS out there are not vaccinated?...LOTS, and lots of them.....do you think THEY also fear disability, and would rather risk death for themselves as well?...are YOU up to date on your vaccines?????or are you risking a "potential painful" death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City