Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 09:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times

Advertisements

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...sk-1.5384902\\

It's about time!!!!YAHOO!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2019, 11:18 AM

37,092 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Any nurse who refuses the flu vaccine without having a medical contraindication should not be taking care of patients. It reflects a poor education.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:48 PM

555 posts, read 500,256 times
While it's understandable to require a mask if there is no compliance with vaccination, I can also see where it would cause problems with some patients, and that's the leverage the union used to try to get around the issue in BC. I'm confused as to why this news update is posted here, though, as it has nothing to do with healthcare or vaccination in Iowa. I think you're on the wrong forum.

I agree with the approach of this hospital system instead, which put the rights of vulnerable patients first: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...t-jobs-n823446

Old 12-05-2019, 02:00 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
because the so called prevention is killing and maiming our children...that's why.
Continue to turn a blind eye to this fact...continue to believe that all the parents with damaged kids are making it up.....continue to vaccinate...continue to ignore the dangers of vaccines....continue to twist the evidence to suit your beliefs....continue to allow the gov to control and dictate what's best for you.....be happy.

The World Health Organization has named vaccine hesitancy as one of the top threats to global health.

This is a human-made, dangerous and wholly unnecessary crisis. Vaccines are not killing and maiming our children.

The amount of anti-vaccine propaganda that’s on social media has continued to burn and make this issue a real problem. There is so much misinformation and disinformation being disseminated and there are some very passionate anti-vaccine groups that really confuse parents.

Measles was once eradicated in this country, thanks to immunizations. That was before anti-vaxxers started spreading fears of a link to autism based on a fraudulent 1998 study that has been debunked over and over and over again. This is one of the biggest myths that has continued to be perpetuated.

Vaccines have prevented hundreds of millions of infectious diseases, including polio, measles, hepatitis B and meningitis, saving up to 3 million lives yearly. However, immunization rates globally are now threatened by misinformation spread by the 'anti-vax' movement. Vaccine coverage has waned in many populations, and the US and 34 countries in the WHO's European region have at times recently fallen under the 95% immunization rate that provides the 'herd immunity' necessary to protect against highly contagious diseases such as measles.

According to the World Health Organization, "The resurgence of potentially life-threatening diseases like measles, which the US Centers for Disease Control declared eliminated in the United States in 2000, undermines the integrity of childhood protections that thousands of dedicated scientists, doctors, and public health officials spent the better part of the last century putting in place." These thousands consist of people who are parents and grandparents just like a lot of us. They, like most of us, have the BEST interest of our children in mind when it comes to their health and safety. The dedicated mission of these scientific professionals is to protect and improve the health and safety of the world's babies, children and adults.

Parents who have the same desire and personal mandate of protecting and improving the health and safety of their precious ones would be well served by discussing any harbored fears and anxieties with their child's health care provider. Pediatricians, family practitioners and health care professionals have heard all the tales and propaganda of anti-vaxxers and they understand the basis of parents' fears. They will be able to correct misleading vaccine information and provide reliable, accurate advice and direct folks to additional credible sources for unbiased material from such highly respected medical organizations as the American Academy of Pediatricians, the AMA, the NIH and the CDC and more.

There is a steady drumbeat of disinformation and misinformation on social media that is corrupting fact based science and endangering lives. Before following the advice of a youtuber who is promoting a book on Vitamin C or succumbing to an anonymous FaceBook account that dispenses phony medical data and utilizes twisted logic from a debunked decades old fraudulent "study", parents may want to seriously consider with whom they are having these important conversations regarding immunization which is widely considered to be one of the great achievements of the scientific age.

Vaccines are not killing and maiming our children. Rather they are protecting and improving the health and safety of our precious offspring.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 12-05-2019 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-06-2019, 01:10 AM

1,499 posts, read 884,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Any nurse who refuses the flu vaccine without having a medical contraindication should not be taking care of patients. It reflects a poor education.
Agreed

As I said, any place I worked it was required

Old 12-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
wrong...it reflects a good education and good health.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Measles was once eradicated in this country, thanks to immunizations.

Vaccines are not killing and maiming our children. Rather they are protecting and improving the health and safety of our precious offspring.
measles was never eradicated in this country.

The WHO can't be trusted, just like big Pharma.. they just want your almighty doller...but you keep on believing that...it doesn't bother me, so don't let it bother you if I think differently than you do.

Vaccines ARE killing and maiming children, damaging their health...certainly not protecting our precious offspring.

Billions of your tax dollers have gone to compensate families who children were severly damaged by them...you can continue to ignore this FACT if you choose to....doesn't mean we all will though.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:55 PM

37,092 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
You are welcome to your opinion, but I do not want an unvaccinated nurse taking care of me.

Quote:
measles was never eradicated in this country.

The WHO can't be trusted, just like big Pharma.. they just want your almighty doller...but you keep on believing that...it doesn't bother me, so don't let it bother you if I think differently than you do.

Vaccines ARE killing and maiming children, damaging their health...certainly not protecting our precious offspring.

Billions of your tax dollers have gone to compensate families who children were severly damaged by them...you can continue to ignore this FACT if you choose to....doesn't mean we all will though.
Measles has been eliminated in the US. That is a fact. It no longer circulates in the wild here, though the recent outbreaks in NY could have re-established it. Fortunately, that did not happen.

Every case of measles in the US is now related to someone who brought it here from another country, either a foreign visitor or an American who traveled abroad and caught it.

If you are referring to the vaccine compensation fund, the tax that supports it is an excise tax levied on each dose of vaccine. If you do not use vaccines, you do not pay a single "doller" into the fund.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:11 PM

7,059 posts, read 4,506,701 times
Here HC professionals can either take the vaccine or wear a mask. They are entitled to a choice.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:48 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,057,608 times
Quote:

Quote:
You are welcome to your opinion, but I do not want an unvaccinated nurse taking care of me.

Nurse A takes a high dose of vitamin D daily, has a healthy diet, takes high quality vitamins and minerals, and is in great health with a strong immune system and has no need for any vaccines as she never gets sick.

Nurse B is obese with type 2 diabetes being managed by multiple drugs. She eats a diet of mainly processed foods and does not take any vitamins or minerals. She is uneducated on health and takes the flu shot every year. She still gets the flu sometimes as the vaccine makers get the strains wrong on some years.

I wonder which nurse most people would prefer to tend to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City