U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:28 AM

9 posts, read 10,178 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

I am new to Iowa City and I am looking for a pediatrician who is OK with delayed vaccine schedule. I decided to start vaccinating my kids after they reach two years old. Any suggestions!

Old 10-19-2017, 11:56 AM

710 posts, read 1,358,099 times
Don't vaccinate them at all. My entire family has never been vaccinated. Don't believe the hype and don't feed the guilt. By the time a girl is 16 she will have been subject to at least 66 vaccines injected into her a boy will have 57.

I understand it can be a tough decision. Good luck

Old 10-20-2017, 05:32 PM

8,084 posts, read 9,655,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
Don't vaccinate them at all. My entire family has never been vaccinated. Don't believe the hype and don't feed the guilt. By the time a girl is 16 she will have been subject to at least 66 vaccines injected into her a boy will have 57.

I understand it can be a tough decision. Good luck
Yes. Die of preventable diseases!

Old 10-20-2017, 07:14 PM

25,201 posts, read 30,070,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Yes. Die of preventable diseases!
They won't. Herd immunity will protect them for the most part, as long as they do not travel to a country with lower vaccination rates and bring back something like measles.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM

25,201 posts, read 30,070,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave198112 View Post
Hi All!

I am new to Iowa City and I am looking for a pediatrician who is OK with delayed vaccine schedule. I decided to start vaccinating my kids after they reach two years old. Any suggestions!
Yes. Follow the recommended schedule. There is no evidence that delaying vaccination is "safer". It just leaves your children at risk of getting serious infections for a longer period of time.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:58 PM

517 posts, read 320,231 times
I know someone who didn't vaccinate her kids. Daughter got tetanus from a basic cut (luckily it showed up in a localized form first), and first thing they did was run to the doctor and get treatments AND a vaccine. And she had to spend a few days in the hospital. All completely preventable in extreme risk to the child and in expensive medical care.

But hey, by all means, if you want to continue in ignorance, this sarcastic article supports you:

https://www.theonion.com/i-don-t-vac...dec-1819584945

Old 10-20-2017, 10:41 PM

8,084 posts, read 9,655,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They won't. Herd immunity will protect them for the most part, as long as they do not travel to a country with lower vaccination rates and bring back something like measles.
Or just get the damn shot.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:53 AM

9 posts, read 10,178 times
Thank you all for your inputs! for those who are pro-vaccination, please go and read about the issue and watch stories on YouTube presented by families whose kids were PERMANENTLY hurt because of some types of vaccination. We see kids developing diseases (autism is an example) immediately after vaccination. Vaccines have never been tested for safety, NEVER. The government wants to protect the general public from epidemic diseases, and that is why they justify risking the small percentage of injuries for the benefit of the public. Just read on the subject and make up you mind. Do not blame those who chose to protect their kids from possible diseases of vaccines. Again, go to the YouTube, watch real stories, scientific presentations, and you will eventually find the truth about vaccination.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:42 AM

517 posts, read 320,231 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your inputs! for those who are pro-vaccination, please go and read about the issue and watch stories on YouTube presented by families whose kids were PERMANENTLY hurt because of some types of vaccination. We see kids developing diseases (autism is an example) immediately after vaccination.
The place to read about actual medical research is PubMed, not YouTube. Sources on YouTube are not verified for accuracy. We all know this. Anybody can post anything on YouTube. If someone wants to do real (NOT general Google University) research on previously performed medical studies online, the place to go to is PubMed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

Here is where the NIH compiles all published documents on scientific studies (performed and reviewed by educated professionals). Some full-text articles are available; some are just abstracts.

Additionally, the guy who started the whole lie about vaccines causing autism is Andrew Wakefield and he has had his medical license revoked and cannot find work in any serious scientific field. He mostly hangs with the anti-vax crowd now, from what I understand. He has sold his soul, nearly literally, to profit off of scare tactics and prey on the uninformed.

Quote:
Vaccines have never been tested for safety, NEVER.
Absolutely false, although this line is peddled by the for-profit anti-vax crowd. This is one of the most heavily studied areas of medicine. Just go to PubMed, type in "vaccine safety" and restrict the results to the last 10 years and clinical trials alone, and you'll get over 2,000 results.

Quote:
The government wants to protect the general public from epidemic diseases, and that is why they justify risking the small percentage of injuries for the benefit of the public. Just read on the subject and make up you mind. Do not blame those who chose to protect their kids from possible diseases of vaccines. Again, go to the YouTube, watch real stories, scientific presentations, and you will eventually find the truth about vaccination.
The bolded words are the most accurate statements made in this post. The government and medical community at large very much want to protect the public from horrible diseases that used to kill people, especially children and the elderly, in huge numbers. This is not something taken lightly and is part of the reason to accept the vast and overwhelming evidence of vaccine safety provided by scientific research and to vaccinate our kids.

I understand the OP is likely too heavily into a conspiratorial mindset to accept this new information, although I offer it genuinely in the hopes it will be reviewed. I'm posting this for others who might come across it and need real information to make an informed decision.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:11 PM

781 posts, read 620,258 times
To me the real life litmus test is......

Ask any Doctor that is treating you or your kids......

Are your kids vaccinated ? I bet the answer will be .. Of course they are.

XXXX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City