U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM

209 posts, read 1,018,888 times

Advertisements

Eastern Iowa is a great area. You will really like it. Sure, there are periods of bad weather, and IMO, any area is going to have it's fair share of good and bad weather. The best time of the year is September in Eastern Iowa... the crime rate is almost non-existant, and some cities and towns, even like medium sized cities in the area havent recorded any murders in more than ten years. The news casters are nice, and seem to really try and make news stories, because there simply isnt a lot to talk about in the region, quite frankly...now I am not saying there is never a good story on the news, I am just saying it is a rarer occasion to hear of a serious crime.

Shopping is good in Iowa City, sometimes my wife commutes down to the Coralville mall to shop. Iowa City has a very quaint downtown district, one of the best in Iowa, I'd say. Right up there with Dubuque. Iowa City is a nice city... Hope you really enjoy it and come to love Iowa just like we Iowans do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 03:21 PM

7 posts, read 28,944 times
Default Love it!

I've been in Iowa City for 8 months and I love it. To be honest, the cold weather is pretty harsh but I've heard that this winter has been unusually cold and snowy. Besides, no place is perfect. I already know my next door neighbor, which would be unheard of in the large urban area I moved from, and there is very little crime here. We are planning to go on some day trips once the weather warms up, especially to Des Moines and Amana. My family and I really are happy we moved here.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 PM

2,256 posts, read 5,494,837 times
Yes!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or