U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 07:59 AM

3 posts, read 4,917 times

Advertisements

I was offered a job in the Bettendorf, Davenport area and am looking at moving 8 hours north. I'm excited about the opportunity but also a bit overwhelmed. Trying to find a place to rent is proving to be a major challenge as I don't have a clue about the area. Can anyone offer any advice on Bettendorf vs Davenport? I'll be working in the Duck Creek mall/plaza area. Davenport certainly has more properties available for lower prices but Bettendorf seems nicer. Having never been, I wouldn't know. Can anyone offer some insight?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 AM

4,778 posts, read 6,504,951 times
The Duck creek plaza is right on the Bettendorf/Dav. border. The 2 cities run into each other, you can cross from one into the next without knowing it.
The Plaza sits on Middle Rd...Middle and Locust st in Dav. are the same thing. Locust st. turns into middle rd. in Bett., right where Duck Creek plaza is.

No matter where you live in either town you won't be more than 15 minutes from work.

Dav. has more Apt. complexes, duplexes. And cheaper rent. There's a couple seedy areas in Dav. but nothing too serious.

If you need info on a specific area or address, just ask. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 AM

I've been looking in the eastern Bettendorf area (Hawthorne) and possibly State street on the Bettendorf side. What do you think of these two areas? Also, I'd like to find newer places. Do you know what parts of the 5-10 mins away range might offer me newer options at a reasonable price?

Old 12-04-2010, 11:52 AM

Also w 40th in Davenport? Good or bad?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Hawthorne is all townhouses for $550-$600, last time I lived in the Quad Cities was on Hawthorne. State st. can be a lil bit run down looking depending on which block, but it's a totally safe area. Downtown Bett. is the blue collar area I guess you'd call it.

I can't picture w. 40th exactly, but it'll be a nice enough area.

In Dav. you really only need to worry about certain blocks in the mid-center of town south of Locust. But even then that's where most of the St. Ambrose and Palmer students live.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:11 PM

There is a new apt. complex in Bett. on Devils Glen rd. but i don't know the name of it. As a matter of fact there are a few kinda new complexes over there. Thats on the other side of Bett from Duck Creek, but even in the snow it's still only a 10 minute drive.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:07 AM

22 posts, read 17,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Hawthorne is all townhouses for $550-$600, last time I lived in the Quad Cities was on Hawthorne. State st. can be a lil bit run down looking depending on which block, but it's a totally safe area. Downtown Bett. is the blue collar area I guess you'd call it.

I can't picture w. 40th exactly, but it'll be a nice enough area.

In Dav. you really only need to worry about certain blocks in the mid-center of town south of Locust. But even then that's where most of the St. Ambrose and Palmer students live.
I have lived at these townhouses and they are very nice and quite areas and with a park right down the street!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or