Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering how exclusive and what the reputation was for Dakota Dunes outside of Souix City. What are the advantages of living in SD (if any), schools? etc. Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 PM

7 posts, read 12,949 times
Hi there, have you visited the area? I grew up in Sioux City and was there this past summer. No offense to the great people of SC but I thought it looked so run down. I have relatives that live at the Dunes and for me it is almost like a different world there. As far as how exclusive, etc. I think there's definitely a status thing of living at the Dunes, and I've heard minor whisperings of it being snobby, but I never put much stock into that. Definitely try to visit if you haven't and talk to some people for yourself.

If I had to live in the area (meaning SC area) I would choose the Dunes for sure. My understanding (or maybe it's just my relatives) use primarily the east side of SC (morningside area, near the mall) for shopping and restaurants, etc. That area is much more appealing than say, downtown SC. If I'm not mistaken you'd be dealing with Dakota Valley schools-family members had a good time there but I don't know academically if they (the schools) are up to speed...can't say. Socially they got along better with the kids there. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa