Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,870 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Looking for some wisdom on where to do home searches in the CR area. Looking for a wooded lot with the best schools and lowest(er) property taxes. Is this unrealistic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
I think your property taxes will be about 2% across the board wherever you are here. There are some good private schools here - Xavier high school & a dozen or so elementary schools. I'd recommend them over any of the public schools.

If you are serious about low property taxes, more freedom and cheaper land you might consider living in the country in Benton Co. You can escape the county taxes that way. You have to drive more but it is big savings.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,616 times
There is a nice new school called Viola Gibson which is on the edge of Cedar Rapids in the growing communities. In this school district you will have a better chance of finding housing outside of the higher property taxes. (Avoid Marion if property tax is crucial to you.) Pierce, college community, Johnson, Viola Gibson are the schools that are my preference for public elementary within Cedar Rapids. two of my kids attend Pierce and we love it! I would suggest somewhere on the NE side of town as it is most convenient to everything in Cedar Rapids. The SW side is a bit more inexpensive but not much to make it a huge difference,if you like convenience. I suggest checking out these school boundaries for a place to live. You can find wooden lots in the Riverbend area, very family oriented and convenient location. Residencies from $200,000 on up. If you are looking for more inexpensive housing in these school districts, look at areas off 42nd street NE, not far from the interstate. I think this area is the most convenient place to live out of all areas in Cedar RApids, quick to malls, multiple grocery stores, gas stations and plenty of parks and walking trails within a mile. good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: