Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2007, 12:35 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to get some input from some of you good people. An article on AOL about best rural places named SAC county as one of them. My interest was piqued when the writer really played up how friendly the people of Sac county are. Someone wrote that after moving there, it feels like one big family. Having good, decent people as neighbors is very high on our list in considering a possible move. Well, does Sac deserve this reputation? Thanks. Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 06:26 AM

80 posts, read 345,419 times
Well, I've never lived in SAC county but it would not suprise me to find that is the case. It looks like your closest town of any size would be Sioux City though and I have never been a fan. Before you decide, check out Adel, Iowa. It is closer to DSM, so you would have all the services of the larger metro close by yet you would still be in a smaller community. I haven't lived in the DSM area since 1999 so this information is outdated, but when I was there, Adel was still very much a small town and very charming.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:16 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Thanks S mom, I really never gave Iowa much thought before, but had to follow up on the survey listing Sac as a very friendly place to live. As I wrote, good neighbors are a priority with me. Thanks.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,009 times
Sioux City Is A Very Friendley Town And Is A Wonderful Place To Raise Children And Make Friends. We Have Had Great Luck In Recruiting Top Physicians To Sioux City And Have Kept Great Health Care Here. There Are Alot Of People Who Return To The Area After They Think The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side. I'll Take The Packing Plant Smell( Only On Occasions) Over Smog And Traffic Any Day. Maybe John Morrell Will Move To Sanford Falls (sioux Falls)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: