Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM

4 posts, read 5,284 times

Advertisements

Long story short, my ex and I have a 1 year old together. We have been split since December. In between December and February we were working on our relationship. I was not ready to jump back into our relationship so my ex went behind my back and filed for custody. While we were "working things out" he told me to forget the papers he had filed and the request for mediation. I only actually received one set of papers and didn't think much of it because we were trying to reconcile. Anyway, when I didn't want to jump back into things he showed up at the custody hearing and I was not informed until I received papers that said I had a default judgment against me and that he now had sole custody with us both have legal custody. I have been granted a hearing for Motion to Set Aside Default judgment in three weeks. My lawyer and I have the proof that I need to win the case. My question is, if they decide my case is valid and wipe the slate clean and let us start over, how soon is an actual custody hearing after the Motion to Set Aside hearing? Won't they want to get custody established quickly? Will he still have sole custody until our actual custody hearing? Some side information: This man was convicted of domestic abuse two weeks after the default custody hearing. (He had pushed me and left red marks on me back in December which was our reason for splitting.) Another side note: At this hearing in three weeks it is also a contempt hearing. He has tried to take away my time with my daughter. He has basically tried to alienate me away from her withholding her medical and daycare information even though we have joint legal custody of her. Given this information, what do you think will be the outcome and how soon? Please do not judge. There is no reason I should not be taking care of my daughter. I have a Bachelor's degree,and I make a pretty decent salary working for an insurance agency. I also have a 2 year old daughter who is her half sister who have been together since my ex and I's child was born. Advice? This is in IOWA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 PM

389 posts, read 670,935 times
Go on the Jerry Springer show and let "The Ringmaster" sort it all out.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
Can't help you and not sure this is the correct forum for such a question. All I can offer is that my heart breaks for these two small, innocent children who have done nothing to create this circumstances they find themselves in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa