U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
We moved to Cedar Rapids 3 years ago from Milwaukee. Never heard of Manson, but we hate it here. It is so boring. We moved for a job promotion. Never in a million years would I move to Iowa from California. I'm dying to get back to civilization. This city is **** poor as well.

Don't expect your kids to ever be in school in winter. I don't know about Manson, but here they just shut down the outer areas for a little ice. They don't believe in plows at all. Here's an example. Milwaukee had 3 inches of snow Saturday and they had 102 plows out and the roads were drivable all day and night. Here in a bigger city of Iowa, we were trapped because they claim it's a waste of time and money to come out before the storm ends. Then the country roads weren't plowed and 2 days later, there are still closings and school delays. I have never seen a city shut down so fast in my life. You would never get a day off in Milwaukee that's for sure.

Good luck with your move, but if I had to do it all over again, no way would I leave home to come to anywhere in Iowa..
You pretty much sound like you'd be miserable wherever you lived.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or