U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:26 PM

133 posts, read 447,839 times

Advertisements

Take it from someone living in Muscatine, the drive to/from Davenport is much easier/better than commuting to, and from Iowa City. Muscatine to Davenport is all 4 lane road, to Iowa City, you'll spend at least 15 miles or more, on two lane highway. As someone stated earlier, with wintertime driving conditions I'd much rather drive to Davenport, than Iowa City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 10:19 AM

5 posts, read 8,970 times
Does anybody know if The Berg apartments are nice?

Old 07-05-2014, 05:15 PM

15 posts, read 24,155 times
I think I checked out the Berg at one time. They're fine, nothing wrong with them. A little overpriced in my opinion, but that's what you're going to face living downtown. It's either that or income-restricted apartments you can't get into anyway.

Personally I think Iowa City is a lot more "fun" than the Quad Cities, but I'm not sure it's that much more fun to warrant the longer commute.

I'd advise just checking out the Quad Cities Craigslist apartment listings and see what floats your boat.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:21 PM

35,107 posts, read 42,896,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by playdohputty View Post
I'll be working in Muscatine. Is Davenport a fun place?

Are the Crescent Loft Apartments okay to live in?

Is Molina less preferable than Davenport or IC?

Why not live in Muscatine? Davenport and the Quad Cities isn't that far of a drive one direction and Iowa City isn't that far of a drive the other direction.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:12 AM

341 posts, read 310,369 times
I currently live in Orland Park, Illinois (near Chicago). I might be getting a job in Rock Island, Illinois. I am single with no family. Any advice about the Quad Cities? Other then the usually Google.com stuff?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:28 PM

2,467 posts, read 3,740,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPII View Post
I currently live in Orland Park, Illinois (near Chicago). I might be getting a job in Rock Island, Illinois. I am single with no family. Any advice about the Quad Cities? Other then the usually Google.com stuff?
What do you like to do in your spare time? What kind of housing do you want? Apartments are fairly affordable in Davenport and Rock Island. Davenport has recently rehabbed some older downtown buildings into apartments. Moline's enterprise lofts are nice and would give you good access to the riverfront trail (runs about 60 miles) and downtown Moline seems to have the best nightlife, but I don't go to the bars much anymore.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:59 AM

413 posts, read 1,577,480 times
My biggest advice would be to just visit for a day or a weekend. It's only a couple hours away, and its not a bad place for a day trip regardless of considering moving here. You might see that its a place you could see yourself living, or you might just enjoy a few of the local attractions and decide it's too different from suburban Chicago.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:37 PM

54 posts, read 60,166 times
I'm from NJ and considering moving to Iowa within the next 6-12 months. I already have a friend that lives there so really I'm here for advice like the OP. I'm single, 23 and have just found this urgency to get out of this super expensive state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or