U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:04 AM

3,492 posts, read 5,301,176 times

Advertisements

Sometimes helpful information isn't positive. Disregarding the message because of the source makes sense emotionally, but I find most of the misinformation spread on the forum is by people who never want to hear anything negative about an area and would like to ensure their ideal location is presented in the best possible light.

As far as Zombie burger, those national recognitions are simply trolling for clicks. I've prepared pieces to do the same because it is a natural response to being paid based on advertisements shown. The editor has no emotional involvement and is simply setting a timer and seeing how fast he or she can pump out a piece to get paid so they can support the family. National recognition in that sense means very little. If they decide to expand the concept, I may give the food a try. I have to disregard any "news articles" that are basically buzzfeed material.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-27-2014, 02:27 PM

3,643 posts, read 3,629,618 times
Have we scared off the op? I don't recall other threads by that member & thought that it was a great topic for discussion, especially if it was their first such entry.
As a kid I used to play a game where I moved state borders around, usually to the benefit of states I liked. Omaha more often than not ended up in western Iowa, and Rochester, Mn. was moved to northern Iowa. So, my "playing" was designed to overcome the lack of major city development in Iowa.
Many years later I discovered that a college bud & also one of my friends down here in Atlanta both use to do the same thing in their own non-midwestern respective regions.

On a further note, I have absolutely no problem with what Elle wrote & I would encourage a careful rereading of her post, especially the comment regarding the "spirit of this place."
My home base on the forum is at the extremely busy Atlanta forum & I get around a lot on the forum usually to states that I have visited, lived in, have interest in or where my family or friends live. I have visited at least 30 states via the forum so far this year & probably have made posts in 15-20 of them. And I have every right to do so.
By comparison to what I see elsewhere, there is an absolute dearth of Iowa "cheerleading" on the Iowa forum.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-27-2014, 02:54 PM

9,419 posts, read 10,402,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Sometimes helpful information isn't positive. Disregarding the message because of the source makes sense emotionally, but I find most of the misinformation spread on the forum is by people who never want to hear anything negative about an area and would like to ensure their ideal location is presented in the best possible light.

As far as Zombie burger, those national recognitions are simply trolling for clicks. I've prepared pieces to do the same because it is a natural response to being paid based on advertisements shown. The editor has no emotional involvement and is simply setting a timer and seeing how fast he or she can pump out a piece to get paid so they can support the family. National recognition in that sense means very little. If they decide to expand the concept, I may give the food a try. I have to disregard any "news articles" that are basically buzzfeed material.

Negative stuff is fine, as long as it is true and honest. Stating things as fact in order to get a rise out of others, and that simply aren't true is something else entirely.

Since this has turned into something other than what the OP intended, I am closing it. If anyone wishes to discuss the original topic further, feel free to start a new, fresh thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa