U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 04:11 AM

23 posts, read 92,563 times

Advertisements

Hello, I need some input of people who live near Storm Lake or Spencer because i work for the USDA and am thinking of transferring because there is two positions open in these two cities. I have tried to look on the internet for rental housing and they are showing there is none. Before I commit to move I have to know if I can even rent a house for my family. I love what Iowa has to offer and am looking forward to this move but I need to know what I am in for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 06:47 PM

8 posts, read 31,857 times
Maybe you can look here for some help. I am sure there are rentals there, but not sure how to find them unless you call a realtor.

The Storm Lake Times

Spencer Daily Reporter

Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 AM

thank you will do

Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 17,715 times
I live in Spencer with my family of seven. We always welcome new families to our town. I hope you will take a look here. In today's Spencer Daily Reporter there was an ad listed for a 2 bedroom home for rent for $475 a month and a website advertised Spencerforrent.com. We've been here for 13 years and have been very happy.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:09 AM

thank you very much. it really helps

Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 11,431 times
Storm Lake sucks. There's no way around it. There's two parts to Storm Lake in the first part the people here are kinda snobbish church going and if you don't live your life the way they do then you will be outcast. In fact I was a former military man and I was shocked at how the people looked down on others and that was after I lived in Chicago, San Diego, and New Jersey. The second part of Storm Lake is just like Mexico. You have a lot of different nationalities but for the most part they're mexican and the only reason that they are here is because the Tyson plant brought them in because they work cheap. Speaking of the Tyson plant because of the plant the place stinks.
That's Storm Lake in a nutshell. Maybe I've just had a bad experience I don't know but that's the way I feel about it.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,617 times
i think storm lake is a great place to live and people can be nice if you get to know them and yes there are alot of hispanics but they are nice people if you dont mess with them in a bad way or offend them i have lived here 15 years and i love it

Old 02-25-2011, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 7,778 times
Storm Lake is a great place to live. Don't listen to what certain "snobbish" people have to say they just talk because they have a mouth. There are a lot of people of different cultures here in Storm Lake and it is true that Tyson brings people from other places but they only do it because they run into to many people like MR.BAT056 that just want to "work" under their own rules. they bring us "MEXICANS", like he calls us, here to do the job that others like MR.BAT056 don't want to do. And yeah we do work for less money but we do a way better job than others who get paid 20.00 an hour....
So yeah Storm Lake is a wonderful place to live in.... and MR.BAT056 WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEFORE WE ARE MEXICAN, BLACK, WHITE OR WATEVER IT IS THAT U WANT TO CALL US.
THNX

Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,315,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bat056 View Post
Storm Lake sucks. There's no way around it. There's two parts to Storm Lake in the first part the people here are kinda snobbish church going and if you don't live your life the way they do then you will be outcast. In fact I was a former military man and I was shocked at how the people looked down on others and that was after I lived in Chicago, San Diego, and New Jersey. The second part of Storm Lake is just like Mexico. You have a lot of different nationalities but for the most part they're mexican and the only reason that they are here is because the Tyson plant brought them in because they work cheap. Speaking of the Tyson plant because of the plant the place stinks.
That's Storm Lake in a nutshell. Maybe I've just had a bad experience I don't know but that's the way I feel about it.
I know virtually nothing about Storm Lake, but the post above amuses me. Something in it seems just a wee bit hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: