U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:45 AM

449 posts, read 1,269,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Lived in Chicago, so ate alot of great pizza; but, in the QCA, Harris is the best IMO. However, last time I ordered a pizza there without a coupon I paid $25 for a large. It drove me home to learn how to make my own pizzas, and now that's all I do. $25 is ridiculous in the QCA...just ridiculous.
Wow, that's expensive. Here is D.C. everything costs more than the things in the midwest. We just had Pizza Hut deliver a large to our home last week. $21.00 w/o a coupon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM

3 posts, read 11,929 times
The style im talking about is discribed as a round pizza homemade ground precooked sausage cheese on top cut into squares.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,926 times
The people who talk about Harris Pizza being great probably never left Iowa or QC. Limited choices in QD as far as restrants of any kind. Sad...........

Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 PM

4,779 posts, read 6,507,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcc View Post
The people who talk about Harris Pizza being great probably never left Iowa or QC. Limited choices in QD as far as restrants of any kind. Sad...........
The person who wrote this post must not have read the whole thread. Sad......

Old 09-04-2010, 06:52 PM

170 posts, read 747,423 times
Yuck, I always hated Harris Pizza. My aunt and cousin LOVED their sausage pizzas. I didn't like the tiny crumbles of sausage and thought the pizzas were WAY too salty and greasy. Plus the rectangular slices were just strange to me.

My favorite was always Happy Joe's (I even worked there when I was about 15!). They have the best taco pizza on earth! In fact, Happy Joe's may very well be the ONLY pizza restaurant I've found that has taco pizza on the menu. They even claim to have invented it. Who knows if that's true. It was certainly not cheap ($25+ for a large), but it was GOOD! The only thing better than their taco pizza was their taco supreme! I miss it!!

Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 PM

38 posts, read 115,646 times
Benny's Pizza in Milan, IL is awesome! I suggest the Taco or BLT. Also the tomato salad and the bread. All fresh and homemade stuff. Give it a try

Old 09-19-2010, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,926 times
Default my own opnion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
The person who wrote this post must not have read the whole thread. Sad......
I was giving my own opnion, it was about how Harris Pizza was over rated by the people in QC and after I had it, it was not all what it is. The price did not make it any better.......................Sad that you didnt understand...........

Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM

509 posts, read 1,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcc View Post
I was giving my own opnion, it was about how Harris Pizza was over rated by the people in QC and after I had it, it was not all what it is. The price did not make it any better.......................Sad that you didnt understand...........
Agree Harris Pizza is not all that. I honestly don't understand everyone's apparent love affair with that place.

Edit: Oops, I already posted on this thread like 2 years ago.

Last edited by hugepossum; 01-21-2011 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Harris Pizza sucks. Their sausage is too small. Er, I mean, chopped up.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,182 times
I like Casey's pizza. Papa Murphy's I think is awful. We got it before, took it home, baked it, and it smelled good baking, but we didn't like it otherwise. I was originally from Ottawa, Illinois, and Bianchi's Pizza in downtown Ottawa was the best. Wish they had one in the QCA. Also one of the best deep dish pizza's I've ever had was in Peru, Illinois at La Grotto's. I could eat pizza every night of the week and for breakfast, dinner, and supper.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 PM

509 posts, read 1,051,034 times
Lol, Casey's pizza. The last time I went there I got a piece of breakfast pizza... I raised it up and took one bite. A stream of orangy-yellow grease had run off the pizza slice, down my arm, and was then dripping off of the tip of my elbow. I actually saw it before I felt it; the grease was right at body temperature, so I couldn't even feel it running down my arm.

It was really weird and a bit disconcerting and gross. I haven't had their pizza since. I do appreciate that Casey's keeps their pizza prices low. Seriously, pizza ingredients are pretty cheap... I wonder what the true pizza markup is.

More expensive places like Happy Joe's and Harris have to be making a killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa