U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:40 PM

4,779 posts, read 6,507,166 times
I used to go to the drive-in in Maquoketa and get a caseys pizza to take in. They're not bad at all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 AM

509 posts, read 1,051,034 times
Yeah, I do tell them easy on the cheese though.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM

166 posts, read 308,323 times
I grew up in the QC and Frank's is my absolute favorite! Went there many weekends as a child meeting family, great memories! Harris pizza has a sweet taste to it which I don't care for. It seems that people either like Frank's or Harris pizza. The opinion on which is best between the two is a fun argument between natives, kind of like the argument we had as kids, which is better John Deere or IH? Anyway, my favorites are:

1. Frank's
2. Happy Joe's
3. Godfather's

I also wonder, is the midwest the only place with taco pizza? When I moved to Arizona they did not have it there, even in the major chains. Now I live in Huntsville, AL and miss my taco pizza. I did have to drive an hour and a half to Florence, AL to go to a Godfather's. I was excited to find out they had taco pizza but they didn't put chips on it! My daughter's friends went with us and they had never heard of taco pizza. I don't think they cared for it

Old 03-07-2011, 01:16 PM

^ Happy Joes claims to be the home of the taco pizza, I never knew if it was true or not.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,755 times
Default Fields of Pizza

I'm going to shamelessly promote my business here! Our pizzas are based around Harris/Franks, but we use more toppings, more cheese, less GREASE and a different crust. AND, we are cheaper than both of them.

If you haven't tried us out and would like to, or, if you are a Harris/Franks regular and are curious about our pizza, please e-mail fieldsofpizza@hotmail.com and I will send you a special coupon to try us out!

We've been in business since 2006 and opened our 2nd location in 2009.

The Quad Cities sure does have a lot of great pizza (and ice cream, for that matter!)

Feel free to check out our website for menu, contact, directions, etc. www.fieldsofpizza.com

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 PM

991 posts, read 1,541,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofpizza View Post
I'm going to shamelessly promote my business here! Our pizzas are based around Harris/Franks, but we use more toppings, more cheese, less GREASE and a different crust. AND, we are cheaper than both of them.

If you haven't tried us out and would like to, or, if you are a Harris/Franks regular and are curious about our pizza, please e-mail fieldsofpizza@hotmail.com and I will send you a special coupon to try us out!

We've been in business since 2006 and opened our 2nd location in 2009.

The Quad Cities sure does have a lot of great pizza (and ice cream, for that matter!)

Feel free to check out our website for menu, contact, directions, etc. www.fieldsofpizza.com
I do have a question for you. Why can't I find a good pizza with a "medium" thick crust? I'm not a fan of the NY style "thin" crust (way too thin) or the Chicago style "thick" pizza (way too thick). Am I the only one who feels this way??

Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 PM

Fields of pizza guy, Last time I was in town I went to your buffet over on 23rd ave. The chicken was good, but the pizza selection sucked. I never saw a Pepperoni, a sausage, a meat lovers...Everything was green peppers, onions, pineapple and ham or some other acquired taste type pie. Nothing normal. Pi$$ed me off.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,964 times
Ok,
Happy Joe's is horrible pizza. In general I have had crippling pizza experiences with pizza. Taco pizza is not tasty in any way; do not fall for the 'blt' pizza trap hidden away under the toppings is a disgusting layer of mayo. In Dubuque I can say that Pusateri's pizza on 2400 Central Avenue is decent.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:18 AM

I tried the BLT at their buffet after years of refusing to try it. Turns out it's probably my favorite pizza at Happy Joes. Minus the tomatoes.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,822 times
I just moved to Huntsville Al, from Fargo ND, and am quit disappointed that there is no taco pizza here!!! Happy Joes makes the best Taco Pizza ever! Guess I'll just have to wait til i go home and visit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa