U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 AM

22,342 posts, read 23,621,316 times

Advertisements

just an observation but many other photo threads contain pictures, I think I counted 4 out of 40 of these posts that did so, it'd be nice to see some more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 02:19 PM

387 posts, read 542,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
In my opinion, your negative "rants" don't belong in the photo thread. You had the "last word" in several other posts that you dredged up after long periods of inactivity. Please contribute in a more balanced manner, instead of using these forums to rant negatively in hyperbole strewn posts. Thank you.
You know what really doesn't belong in a photo thread? Your arbitrary guidelines as to what I should or shouldn't be posting.

My comments pertain to the topic of this thread (the Quad Cities) and are related to the photos, which showcase a very cherry-picked view of the area. While the images displayed here look very nice as stand-alone subjects, the larger backdrop of decay and filth has been completely omitted from view. It's not an entirely complete characterization of how the Quad Cities presents to most people.

I understand the OP wants to put forth the best images possible to combat the overwhelming reputation problem Davenport and the Quad Cities in general has suffered from over the years. However, this is a forum where differing opinions are exchanged...and that is what I intend to do, whether it meets your approval or not.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:33 PM

5,479 posts, read 10,769,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksoulbro View Post
You know what really doesn't belong in a photo thread? Your arbitrary guidelines as to what I should or shouldn't be posting.

My comments pertain to the topic of this thread (the Quad Cities) and are related to the photos, which showcase a very cherry-picked view of the area. While the images displayed here look very nice as stand-alone subjects, the larger backdrop of decay and filth has been completely omitted from view. It's not an entirely complete characterization of how the Quad Cities presents to most people.

I understand the OP wants to put forth the best images possible to combat the overwhelming reputation problem Davenport and the Quad Cities in general has suffered from over the years. However, this is a forum where differing opinions are exchanged...and that is what I intend to do, whether it meets your approval or not.
Perhaps you can contribute by taking photos of the areas of Davenport that you compare with Flint, MI. What's the saying? "A picture is worth a thousand words" Your comments do not pertain to the thread & there are other threads where you have been allowed (so far) to have the last word in your "I only see the negative" "QC is a giant slum & has no redeeming qualities" " bordering on inaccurate" way. See, I used hyperbole too although the last one wasn't hyperbole and is why I & others object to your posts about QC

Old 02-13-2014, 02:44 PM

4,758 posts, read 6,436,910 times
We got one poster who acts like a troll, repeating himself over and over and exaggerates to the point of comedy, even tho' he says he's only been thru the QCA a couple of times on business

And another poster who takes the time to argue with a troll.

Lame.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,559,630 times
As Elle pointed out last year, "The ignore list can be your friend."

Old 02-14-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you can contribute by taking photos of the areas of Davenport that you compare with Flint, MI.
The next time I am by the area, I'll take some nice photos of the rampant squalor. I just have to get an SD card big enough to store all those photos. Rock Island alone will probably fill a 32 GB card.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:43 PM

5,479 posts, read 10,769,602 times
Since this is Iowa forum, how about focusing on Davenport and Bettendorf? Those are the lenses I view the QC through

Old 02-15-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Since this is Iowa forum, how about focusing on Davenport and Bettendorf? Those are the lenses I view the QC through
The original poster has numerous photos of the Illinois side in this thread. There's no reason why the Illinois QC should be excluded, since (population-wise) it comprises more than half of the metropolitan area.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:34 AM

9,400 posts, read 10,241,140 times
Let's get back to the topic here...Quad City Photos.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM

219 posts, read 384,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
As Elle pointed out last year, "The ignore list can be your friend."
How do you do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa