U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 AM

11 posts, read 10,695 times

Advertisements

I know this is a little off subject, but Sheldon was just listed as the number one city in Iowa for retirement.

https://local.niche.com/rankings/tow...retire/s/iowa/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 09:06 PM

387 posts, read 541,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAresident32 View Post
I know this is a little off subject, but Sheldon was just listed as the number one city in Iowa for retirement.

https://local.niche.com/rankings/tow...retire/s/iowa/
I clicked on the methodology used to calculate these rankings.

It was good for a laugh.

Old 03-11-2016, 03:13 PM

Default Update on Mixed Use Development

The plans for the development in Sheldon have been updated. The big box store has been removed from the plans. In it's place will be an entertainment plaza that will include several restaurants and an area for festivals and concerts. The outlet center's retail space has increased by 50,000 sq ft and will include two major furniture store outlets. There now will be three hotels, not two. The additional hotel will be located above many of the retail bays. Some flexible office space has also been added above the retail areas. No changes have been made to the housing portion. Expect this project to go public next month.

Also, plans for the event center in Sheldon are coming right along. Vision Iowa gave the city of Sheldon an 840 thousand dollar grant and over a million dollars in private donations have been raised so far.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:12 AM

Again, a little off subject, but Sheldon is the 9th happiest city in Iowa.

Here Are The 10 Happiest Cities In Iowa

Old 03-12-2016, 07:54 AM

3,631 posts, read 5,017,078 times
Quote:
Again, a little off subject, but Sheldon is the 9th happiest city in Iowa.

Here Are The 10 Happiest Cities In Iowa

Orange City and Sioux Center are the happiest? Not if your not Dutch.

This whole big project complete with a big new motel seems odd for a town essentially miles from any population base and without a nearby major freeway system. Maybe it will work, but count me as a doubter. It is a very nice town though.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:27 PM

7 posts, read 6,835 times
There was a big crew of men surveying land out by the Country Club Road exit all last week. I've heard from several sources over the past few weeks, that's where the new outlet mall is supposed to be. I hope we get some news about what's going on soon.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASheldonOrab193 View Post
There was a big crew of men surveying land out by the Country Club Road exit all last week. I've heard from several sources over the past few weeks, that's where the new outlet mall is supposed to be. I hope we get some news about what's going on soon.

My wife loves outlet malls. I'd love to know what all the stores are if you hear about it.

I'd like to see a Bass Pro Shop. Closest ones to Sioux Falls are Council Bluffs IA and Altoona IA. Both are 200+ miles.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:06 PM

I don't see Sheldon getting a Bass Pro Shop. I think the chances of Sioux Falls or Sioux City getting a Bass Pro Shops would be better. I could easily see the Cabela's in Mitchell turning into a Bass Pro Shop someday, since most likely Bass Pro will be buying them out. If Sheldon gets this outlet mall, I might as well kiss my money good bye. My wife is a shopaholic.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I don't see Sheldon getting a Bass Pro Shop. I think the chances of Sioux Falls or Sioux City getting a Bass Pro Shops would be better. I could easily see the Cabela's in Mitchell turning into a Bass Pro Shop someday, since most likely Bass Pro will be buying them out. If Sheldon gets this outlet mall, I might as well kiss my money good bye. My wife is a shopaholic.

My condolences.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASheldonOrab193 View Post
You are correct on the location. There's also a big box retailer interested in land out there. I was told that this is the retailer that was first going to be part of the mixed use development. I'm pretty sure that it's Walmart, but also heard that Shopko might be interested in building a new store since their current location in Sheldon is too small and there's no room for expansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or