Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM

432 posts, read 1,659,539 times

Advertisements

I'm going to attend a college in Cedar Rapids, but the city seem like that there is nothing going on there! I also found that the factories there make the city smell bad! I guess that I have to transfer to a different college for my sophomore year and to guess, that living in Eden Prairie, MN (Money Magazine Voted It As The 10th Best Place To Live In The U.S.) with my family is better than going to Cedar Rapids, IA for college!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 10:11 PM

8 posts, read 38,769 times
Ah, The city of 5 smells I mean seasons. I lived there for 4 years. Yeah it smells bad depending on where you live in town. Other then that there is alot to do. There are not alot of Clubs like everybody looks for but its what you make of it. I would move back in a heart beat. The secret of Iowa is you have to make up your own fun with friends, it isn't just about going clubbing. Its about getting out of town and going camping with friends, going to coralville to the resovoir and going boating or mountain biking. Going tubing on the upper iowa river in decorah. Go see a show at the US cellular center. Go to Moose McDuffys and do jager bombs with friends. Go to third on first for beers and a game. Go watch a kernels or roughriders game. I always feel welcome in Cedar Rapids.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:33 PM

432 posts, read 1,659,539 times
Where are the factories located in Cedar Rapids? What is the closest 18 and up nightclub? I was wondering why does everybody like to go to Iowa City to chill over the weekend? Dude, you should check out Eden Prairie since it's has an awesome community and I live there for at least 12 years! Note:There is a lot of spoiled kids/jerk that live here well that is the stereotype about us!

Last edited by BORGUSX; 07-28-2007 at 11:43 PM..

Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,414,612 times
if you like it so much why do you want to come to cedar rapids? and spoiled kids don't sound like an awesome community??....

Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 PM

8 posts, read 38,769 times
I would move back but I have a good job and a nice house in Burlington instead. If a career opportunity presented itself I would move back to CR in a hearbeat.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:40 AM

987 posts, read 3,817,383 times
While you are there go eat a pork tenderloin sandwich at Joensy's.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:46 AM

310 posts, read 1,282,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORGUSX View Post
Where are the factories located in Cedar Rapids? What is the closest 18 and up nightclub? I was wondering why does everybody like to go to Iowa City to chill over the weekend? Dude, you should check out Eden Prairie since it's has an awesome community and I live there for at least 12 years! Note:There is a lot of spoiled kids/jerk that live here well that is the stereotype about us!

people go to IC for the downtown scene, I think there around 110 bars within a 10 block radius. That and the fact that the poor people of Dirty Rapids sometimes just need to escape the smell. But all Iowa City bars are either 19+ or 21+. We were so close to passing 21 only, it would have been awesome.

There are however some awesome frisbee golf courses in the Dirty, thats the only reason I venture to the City of 5 Smells.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPerkins33 View Post
people go to IC for the downtown scene, I think there around 110 bars within a 10 block radius. That and the fact that the poor people of Dirty Rapids sometimes just need to escape the smell. But all Iowa City bars are either 19+ or 21+. We were so close to passing 21 only, it would have been awesome.

There are however some awesome frisbee golf courses in the Dirty, thats the only reason I venture to the City of 5 Smells.
Enough with the "dirty rapids." No, it's not my favorite city in the state, but I don't think it's completely out of line to ask for a little bit of respect. A lot of people on this forum live in Cedar Rapids, or have relatives who live in Cedar Rapids, friends, etc...

Cedar Rapids is not all that dirty though downtown needs work, there are so many nice areas of town!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:58 AM

310 posts, read 1,282,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
Enough with the "dirty rapids." No, it's not my favorite city in the state, but I don't think it's completely out of line to ask for a little bit of respect. A lot of people on this forum live in Cedar Rapids, or have relatives who live in Cedar Rapids, friends, etc...

Cedar Rapids is not all that dirty though downtown needs work, there are so many nice areas of town!

Listen up, if you can't stand my opinion then just ignore me, how hard is it to just skip a post and move on?. You talk about respect but yet don't respect my opinions? Give me a break.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 AM

No, your opinion is just fine. Negative little kiddy names for a town are what were disrespectful. OK buster?! Haha and what was your terminology for Ames, wasn't it "Lames?" oh wow.

So, to answer your question it is pretty hard to ignore posts like that, and it is very hard to respect an opinion like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa