Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times

Advertisements

Representative STEVE KING

Just went on live TV and called the 1,200 refugees in Australia "the worst of the worst"...

These are ordinary families forced to flee their homes , they get no choice as to what country they are sent to or the terms under which they are sent. Not illegals, Not terrorists but families like yours and mine.

Rep Steve king is defining them in the worst possible terms, in order to shore up support for Trump and Ryan.

Now I get that GOP voters will likely not care how he is publicly lying , but if you value ethics , if you value honesty and truth in government , you need to call and let him know that what he is doing is wrong and not representatives of the people of Iowa.

Iowa should not let these lies stand and we need to stop our representatives from misleading the public purposely just to cover up for trumps early errors. Accountability matters .

https://steveking.house.gov/contact

Old 02-02-2017, 02:11 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,346,859 times
I just searched google. There is nothing out there about this. What are people contacting his office supposed to point to as reference?

"ahh....some dude named evilcart posted on the citi-data forum that you..."

Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,126,894 times
Steve King is so awesome. Australia can send them back where they came from.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:45 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,190,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Steve King is so awesome. Australia can send them back where they came from.

Are you serious?

Old 02-02-2017, 05:42 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
People like Steve King is reason enough to scare most anyone under the age of 60 to ever consider a move to many rural areas of the Midwest and Great Plains, unfortunately. Then, the people in the towns wonder why all younger people and families fled ages ago to larger metropolitan areas.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:26 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,419,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
These are ordinary families forced to flee their homes , they get no choice as to what country they are sent to or the terms under which they are sent. Not illegals, Not terrorists but families like yours and mine.
SAYS WHO?

People from these countries can NOT be vetted correctly! Many other countries have already been attacked from people who slip in with "refugees". It sucks for those who get caught up in this mess but pull your head out of the sand.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:07 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
Default Steve King

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
People like Steve King is reason enough to scare most anyone under the age of 60 to ever consider a move to many rural areas of the Midwest and Great Plains, unfortunately. Then, the people in the towns wonder why all younger people and families fled ages ago to larger metropolitan areas.
I had a whole bunch more written to say here but deleted it as I guess what's the point anymore?
So, I'll just say that I agree wholeheartedly with you Granitestater. It now seems evident that Iowa is not immune to & now embraces the mass rush down toward the lowest common denominator in American government & society & is headed toward embracing a "civility" that is lacking old fashioned, just plain graciousness & respect toward one another, especially toward those that are less fortunate or judged as different.
Whether talking about her politicians or too many of her people, Iowa, unfortunately just is not the place I once knew nor is it any longer a place that I find desirous as a place of residence.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:29 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,346,859 times
Just googled again. Still zero hit collaborating the OPs story.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:48 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
I dunno. All of the photos I've seen of refugees show mostly young men in excellent shape with expensive electronics and backpacks. I'm not sure why they can't band together and fight to get their country back.

I also have friends in France and first-hand accounts of how these young men are not assimilating into the host culture: they are, instead, causing all manner of problems. I know that a lot of folks are worried that happening here. Indeed, Canada has banned single male refugees for that reason.

This is not 1877 when young men came to America. Those men learned English and didn't try to impose Sharia laws on our system. Comparing the legal immigrants of yesteryear to today is comparing apples and oranges.

I agree that Trump's roll-out of the temporary travel ban had problems, but other presidents have done it, and I agree with those who endorse a better system of vetting those who want to enter the US.

I'm all for sending refugees back home, albeit with some supplies for rebuilding. If they're too lazy to rebuild, we certainly don't need them here. Our welfare system is stretched enough.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:59 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Don't be silly. People move to urban areas for jobs/career opportunities, not politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: