U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:58 AM

9,257 posts, read 17,883,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junie136 View Post
Well I'm seeing info about the fire department, but nothing about "911" or even police. Can you help me out where on the site you see this?
https://www.marcusiowa.com/city-government

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
Because that describes hundreds of towns in Iowa, not to mention the Midwest. I think the question was why THAT small town in Iowa? Is there something in particular that drew you to Marcus? It just seems unusual for someone to pick one rural town instead of a region....especially coming from California. It's curious, that's all.
Exactly. Marcus just seems completely random. Why would you pick Marcus over Elk Run Heights or Panora, just to mention a couple of Iowa cities with similar populations? Family connection? Job opportunity? Fell in love with a house you saw on Zillow? Rumors of buried treasure?

I don't mean to be nosy, just really curious as to why Marcus specifically. I can't say that I've ever been there and really know nothing about it, but I'm sure it's a nice quiet little town because most of them are.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 04:11 PM

111 posts, read 156,337 times
Yes, it is cold in the winter. The temps start heading downward to the coldest starting in November and stay there for the most part until end of March/beginning of April. There might be a few warm days thrown in there, but it is mostly cold. So coming from California you will need to be prepared for that. Unfortunately, I don't have any specifics on Marcus itself but I have found that most small towns in Iowa are nice and have good people. You just have to be prepared to live among a small group of people and not have all the amenities of a large town within walking distance.

Good luck with your search![/quote]
Thank you whakru!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa