U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM

2,073 posts, read 5,066,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy77 View Post
I should just quit talking, you are obvouisly the expert on Burlington!
Sorry that's not how I meant it! I'll back off..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 02:58 AM

9 posts, read 46,828 times
Default Nonsense

Im 21, Born and raised here recently moved back here. Burlington has so much potential. The only problem is the people who dont realize what we have here. Burlington is a beautiful river town with plenty to see and do. We do a great job preserving our town. There is PLENTY of alcohol to go around, I would like to see more bars open downtown to make downtown a popular place to be. The downtown itself is beautiful. With the steeple scape and snake ally, jefferson street is very well kept, A view of the mighty Mississippi and memorial auditorium and the fountains. Its a very scenic town. A lot of beautiful parks for recreation. The views from the north or south bluffs. But back to the original topic, a discount music store would be nice, especially downtown. The only problem with that is you would be in competition with Wierd Harold's which has been around as long as i can remember. I would really hate to see him go out of business. I would recommend West Burlington's downtown on Broadway. Theres no such business out there.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 PM

17 posts, read 73,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhont View Post
To all who have added their 2cents worth thank you and the Liqueur is a probability.
Also a community collage is still a collage, yes?
You need to go enroll at the community college as soon as you can, because you can not even spell "college"- Are you kidding me???

Last edited by tickytack; 06-09-2008 at 09:48 PM..

Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickytack View Post
You need to go enroll at the community college as soon as you can, because you can not even spell "college"- Are you kidding me???

Wow- "Collage"
Are you really serious???

Last edited by tickytack; 06-09-2008 at 09:47 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 14,615 times
Default Spelling!

Tickytack, I didn't mean to upset you over my spelling your probably right I didn't do spell check and I really didn't care. And I have been out to college and my wife has taken classes there. She transfered to an Ohio school to finish but that's not the point. I was wondering about starting a business, but now I'm a bit glad I didn't get as far as I wanted to be because where I was looking at is under water and thats not good for a business unless your in to fish, mud, or water lol. And fell free to spell check, and grammatically check this post and let me know. Be well and GOD Bless, Also stay high and dry and safe.
Duhont.

P.S.
Also I didn't have to write what I did twice(2 times) to get my point across thank you.

Last edited by duhont; 06-16-2008 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhont View Post
Tickytack, I didn't mean to upset you over my spelling your probably right I didn't do spell check and I really didn't care. And I have been out to college and my wife has taken classes there. She transfered to an Ohio school to finish but that's not the point. I was wondering about starting a business, but now I'm a bit glad I didn't get as far as I wanted to be because where I was looking at is under water and thats not good for a business unless your in to fish, mud, or water lol. And fell free to spell check, and grammatically check this post and let me know. Be well and GOD Bless, Also stay high and dry and safe.
Duhont.

P.S.
Also I didn't have to write what I did twice(2 times) to get my point across thank you.
I was just giving you a hard time duhont. It seems like all anyone does on this site is rip on each others town any ways. I am from Burlington originally and hope you nothing but the best. Just dont open a hooked on phonics store and you should be alright-Burlington does actually have a pretty strong retail sector because all the other little towns in Southeastern Iowa shop there.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:22 PM

36 posts, read 92,156 times
Default Awful Town

I lived in Burlington my WHOLE life until a couple relocating to Cedar Rapids! HATED IT!! It is a small minded non progressive town and God help you if you are a minority. Old minds with old ideas. I am totally happy to be gone.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Awful town cont

Sorry I meant to say until a couple 7 months ago before relocating to Cedar Rapids. Even though I was affected by the flood I would never move back

Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxer View Post
Sorry I meant to say until a couple 7 months ago before relocating to Cedar Rapids. Even though I was affected by the flood I would never move back

Jinxer-

I am also originally from Burlington. I agree with you. Burlington has one of the worst economies in Iowa. However, I do not think it is true that Burlington is a bunch of old minds and old ideas. You are just a BITTER LOSER!

I too would never move back to Burlington, but I think your opinion is just that.

As far as being a minority-Good luck in the city of 5 smells.

I have alot of old college friends who live in Cedar Rapids, and I am pretty sure their population is 200% white. So if that is what your looking for-Merry Christmas.

Enjoy all of the aromas that Cedar Rapids has to offer. Right off high way 13 there is also a great sewer treatment plant that smells pretty ripe in the afternoon. However it may be overcast by the various pollutants coming from downtown C.R. where the water is flowing green down by Quaker Oats, etc.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:02 PM

No ticky tack never a bitter loser! Loser's don't go on to complete triple majors and a masters degree and receive wonderful jobs helping those LESS FORTUNATE than myself! You seem to be full of hot air all the time and the expert on EVERYTHING! I doubt that because a city smells bad it would be enough to discount it as a place to live! Stop being so judgemental unless you personally know everyone who posts here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa