Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPerkins33 View Post
cops and lawyer.
And shotgun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 04:36 PM

7 posts, read 24,001 times
Sue His Sorry Ass

Old 05-27-2008, 07:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I can't believe that people want to go after the dog. It's not the dogs fault, it's just being a dog. It's the owners fault. Like others have said, get a police report and take them to small claims court. It was their fault.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:24 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,334,779 times
You may be able to have your neighbors dog put to sleep for killing

You should try contacting the local authorities to tell them what happened

that other dog is too dangerous, it will likely attack a small child

Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
in Chicago we'd just murder the entire family.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 PM

4 posts, read 7,495 times
My motehrs small 6 lb terrior was killed and chewed up badly Friday.She was on her short leash peeing in the yard when the neighbors friends dog came over and killed my mothers dog. My mom is 86 and seen the whole thing. Screaming and yelling and was in shock! She had the dog for 10 years and was very close to her baby. The guy said he was sorry. I went over my moms right away and called the cops.The cop came over and then called animal control. They took the bull dog to the shelter. The guy gave it up(supposely) and there was paper work on that. I seen the paper work and it said,... dog was attacked,person gave up dog.,that was it! She did not even ask what kind of dog it was,my mothers address or anything. All she knew there was a dog killed. We did not realize this till it was all over that these questions were not ask. He said he would make it right for my mom and buy her another dog,so we will see.The thing of it is the cop made no report that I seen or know of, just the humane society. She said if we wanted a copy that they charge for it and we could go down and pick it up. Why didnt the cop give us anything? Should I go down the police station and ask???? Is the humane society report good enough if we have to take this guy to court?

Old 08-08-2010, 11:19 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy520 View Post
My motehrs small 6 lb terrior was killed and chewed up badly Friday.She was on her short leash peeing in the yard when the neighbors friends dog came over and killed my mothers dog. My mom is 86 and seen the whole thing. Screaming and yelling and was in shock! She had the dog for 10 years and was very close to her baby. The guy said he was sorry. I went over my moms right away and called the cops.The cop came over and then called animal control. They took the bull dog to the shelter. The guy gave it up(supposely) and there was paper work on that. I seen the paper work and it said,... dog was attacked,person gave up dog.,that was it! She did not even ask what kind of dog it was,my mothers address or anything. All she knew there was a dog killed. We did not realize this till it was all over that these questions were not ask. He said he would make it right for my mom and buy her another dog,so we will see.The thing of it is the cop made no report that I seen or know of, just the humane society. She said if we wanted a copy that they charge for it and we could go down and pick it up. Why didnt the cop give us anything? Should I go down the police station and ask???? Is the humane society report good enough if we have to take this guy to court?
I'm sorry to hear about your mom's dog Get a copy of the report, it should be good enough (I'm not sure what the law in IA is though). I would call the police station to verify, but I'm pretty sure a report from an animal control officer would be sufficient for a small claims suit (which I'm assuming this would be if you took him to court).

Old 12-27-2010, 03:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
I totally feel your pain because my dog Rockie was killed by the neighbor's dog. I was in depression and I was in the hospital. My neighbor's were good people so they bought me a new dog. I did the mature thing and I forgave them and I moved on. I miss my old dog sooo much. I can't express how much i loved him. Though i still found the courage to move on. I advice you to move on and simply ask them nicely if they can buy you a new one.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:27 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,127,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
You may be able to have your neighbors dog put to sleep for killing

You should try contacting the local authorities to tell them what happened

that other dog is too dangerous, it will likely attack a small child
1. Unless the dog has a history of killing another dog other than this one, it is unlikely it would be put down.

2. Yes, a police report as well as a report to Animal Control should definitely be made. And they should seriously consider filing in small claims court for the emergency vet bill at the very least.

3. Just because a dog is dog aggressive, it does not necessarily follow that it is or will be human aggressive.

Yes, the OP should forgive the neighbors but forgiveness does not, nor should it mean allowing the neighbors to not have to face the consequences for their irresponsibility in not controling their dog.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:20 AM

603 posts, read 573,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclark View Post
Ok so I will try to keep this short and to the point. My St.Bernard is in heat. I have a ****zu that was let out early today to do its potty duty and the neighbors dog was trying to breed our St.Bernard...As i called Nitro my lil ****zu in the house I watched the worst thing in my life. The neighbors dog just attacked my dog. I rushed my dog to the vet to find it had to be put to sleep... I then talked to the neighbor and and told her what i watched happen and she said she would pay for me to get another dog and she was very sorry. later her husband came home and said under no circumstance would they repalce the dog that its our fault their dog killed ours. How I dont know!!

I guess I know that no amount of money will replace my poor Nitro but I feel that becuase the neighbor was so rude i want to make them pay for a replacement dog.
Next time the neighbor's dog crosses your property line, shoot it. Then build a fence.

Quote:
I will repalce my Nitro because he was also the one that I used to breed my female. Please let me know if anyone out there has any ideas on what I should do. I know that they dont have the money to repalce the dog so i hate to really take them to court. She said that she would pay payments if i replaced the dog but her husband refused that idea and told her she will not pay in anyway shape or form.
Do the world a favor and stop breeding dogs. There are plenty of kindhearted homeless dogs in shelters that must be put down without you contributing to the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa