Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 PM

310 posts, read 1,282,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Someone watches The Daily Show.

huh? I honestly have never seen a single episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,305,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPerkins33 View Post

huh? I honestly have never seen a single episode.
Oh, sorry! Here's the clip I thought you were quoting.

All humor aside, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this. Iowans have a lot to be proud of.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 AM

147 posts, read 376,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Oh, sorry! Here's the clip I thought you were quoting.

All humor aside, my heart goes out to everyone affected by this. Iowans have a lot to be proud of.
Indeed! My heart and prayers also go out to anyone and everyone affected by the terrible flooding in all parts of the midwest. When I saw the report the next day my heart sank right back to where it was the day after Hurrican Katrina hit New Orleans. My cousin was traveling through Iowa that week on 1-80 eastbound. He said that the detour through Iowa was well planned, but not nearly ready for the mass of people going through. He told me that when he merged onto the northbound traffic, the water was just about a few feet from the road, and in the distance you could see whole neighborhoods consumed in water. What a horrible event. May you all recover quickly, both materially and emotionally.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:40 PM

4 posts, read 16,163 times
Default cedar falls flood !

I live by washington park and golf course.
Right a cross the street is a flood wall.
In june we had to evatuate so I moved as much stuff up stairs.
Packed enough clothes for my husband and me and packed enough stuff for my cat.
Found a hotel in waterloo that take pets so loaded of the blazer with me,husband,cat and headed to hotel that was tue.
At the same time they were sand bagging the flood wall.
Wednesday morning the hotel evatuated everyone out so we had to go around the flooded road to get back to cedar falls.
Got home and called around and found a hotel close to where my husband works that take pets.
So we go and check in and stay about two weeks.
So we could go to work knowing we were safe.
When it was Ok too come back the flood wall held and are house was ok.
We had moved this house in a year and a half ago.
Had only alittle sewer back up which drained in to are sump pump pit and all three pumps worked great.
Clean up was easy.
Could have lost are new furance was just finished one day before,new waterheater,washer and dryer(all new).
Are old house had water in the basement which was only ground water.
Neibnor across the street had ground water in his basement,he was out of town so alot of us moved his truck and as much of his stuff as we could because if the water goes over the flood wall hs would be the first to go.
tina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa