Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 05:05 AM

261 posts, read 943,825 times

Advertisements

Hello All

I am working on organizing a variety of get togethers ranging from outdoor activities like hiking, eagle watching, driving tours, visits to historical markers, events, displays, within North East Iowa, South Western Wisconsin, and South East Minnasota. We are also very interested in fellow bowlers, pool players, cards, or other group style fun. We look forward to your suggestions or offerings. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 AM

337 posts, read 1,528,216 times
I don't get it .. so you have to date someone of the same sex to go hiking with your group?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 AM

261 posts, read 943,825 times
I am just trying to offer other gays and lesbians with similar interests for quarterly or monthly get togethers. Like myself I am sure we have plenty of non-gay or lesbian friends that we regularly if not daily interact with, neighbors, co-workers, and more. I was, and am interested in offering an opportunity to get together with other gays and lesbians, not unlike a crafter would look for other crafters, a religous person may look for a religous group, an so on and so forth. Is is really so hard to understand?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyFarmer View Post
I am just trying to offer other gays and lesbians with similar interests for quarterly or monthly get togethers. Like myself I am sure we have plenty of non-gay or lesbian friends that we regularly if not daily interact with, neighbors, co-workers, and more. I was, and am interested in offering an opportunity to get together with other gays and lesbians, not unlike a crafter would look for other crafters, a religous person may look for a religous group, an so on and so forth. Is is really so hard to understand?
I didn't say it was hard to understand, just making sure that's what you meant. It does say "Hello ALL" and we're not all gay.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler View Post
I don't get it .. so you have to date someone of the same sex to go hiking with your group?

I'm sure if some "breeders" want to tag along, they can.

Anyways, sounds like an interesting group. I'm not sure if "gay" and "lives in Northeastern Iowa" really overlaps much in the venn diagram of people who read/post the City-Data Iowa Forum, but good luck.

...and before this gets out of hand, let's keep this one solely to activities in that part of the world rather than semantics.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:05 PM

681 posts, read 3,035,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler View Post
I didn't say it was hard to understand, just making sure that's what you meant. It does say "Hello ALL" and we're not all gay.
Someone's being a little defensive.

Anyway, kudos to you for taking the initiative. There really are a lot of cool outdoor things to do in that area...once it warms up a bit, at least.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpHawkeye View Post
Someone's being a little defensive.
Yup gotta defend yourself to make it in this world bud.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
I've always found Meetup.com to be a great place to arrange get-togethers.

We have a strong, flourishing lesbian community where I live and there's always social gatherings -- several a week, in fact. We get the word out through Yahoo Groups and a special networking website that a few women put together, so if there's a hike, party, dance, or whatever, you hear about it immediately!

Old 01-15-2009, 03:19 PM

100 posts, read 534,213 times
Something like this already exists in Dubuque (as far as the social aspect is concerned). Check out dubuquepride.org. However, depending on how far away you are (Dubuque isn't that close to Minnesota), there could be enough interest to organize another gay social group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa