Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 23,081 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I will start soon a job at kiewit construction offfice of Pacific Junction in iowa. And i wonder if it is possible to live into Pacific Junction. Is anybody no this city and can tell me about rental and transportation services. Thanks you very much
detan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM

884 posts, read 1,023,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detan View Post
Hi there,
I will start soon a job at kiewit construction offfice of Pacific Junction in iowa. And i wonder if it is possible to live into Pacific Junction. Is anybody no this city and can tell me about rental and transportation services. Thanks you very much
detan
Contact Jim Hughes Real Estate, Hearland Properties or Century 21. Pacific Junction is very small you may want to look at Glenwood (7-8K) less than 5 minutes away.

Welcome to Glenwoodnet, Glenwood Iowa Community Website
SW Iowa News - Southwest Iowa News - Council Bluffs Headline Stories
Jim Hughes Real Estate - Southwest Iowa homes, acreages, commercial properties, lots and farms
CENTURY21 Real Estate
Welcome to Heartland Properties! Council Bluffs Real Estate, Southwest Iowa Real Estate - Council Bluffs Real Estate, Southwest Iowa Real Estate

Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM

Hello Steve_W,
Thank you for answering. I may live in Omaha, NE or Bellevue, NE or Glenwood as you advise. But i have no car. So i wonder i can have shuttle or taxi services between thoses cities and Pacific Junction

Old 02-06-2008, 11:41 AM

Well of course you can take a taxi but it wouldn't be cost effective whatsoever. I would suggest maybe car pooling with someone or you would need a vehicle.

Glenwood would have been a good option for taxi services due to its close proximity but they don't have a local provider. Any shuttles are for the elderly I believe. Maybe ask the realtors about that, they would know better than I would as I don't live near there. Good Luck.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 PM

Do you have an idea on Pacific City that is more closer

Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 PM

6 posts, read 47,671 times
There are some homes & trailers in PJ...maybe you can find something for rent there, but it is a very small town.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM

Thanks lostdd11,
Yes I know it is a very small town. Do you have an idea about Pacific City which is too close to Pacific Junction?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:05 PM

Pacific City is a very small township consisting of a small group of houses/farms.

Looking for a rental property in P.J. is a good bet as well.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 PM

41 posts, read 163,969 times
My brother has a rental north of PJ. Unfortunately, there is absolutely NO public transportation (like buses or cabs) in this area. I doubt any cab in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area will drive down there for a $4.00 fare.

I would recommend calling this number to see if there is anything that I'm not aware of:

Region 13
Southwest Iowa Transit Agency (SWITA)

Service Area: counties of Cass, Fremont, Harrison, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, and Shelby
Routes and Schedule Number: 712-243-4196

Also, go to the local newspaper website and see about getting the latest issue to look for rentals in the area:

Opinion-Tribune Online

Old 02-12-2009, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,193 times
If all fails just buy yourself a horse. Go Green!!! But if you are kind of on the heavy side, you might just want to get a bicycle because I don‘t think a horse would like it very much. Plus you would be exercising and helping the earth. Go Green!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa