U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,106 times

Advertisements

My family of 5 is moving from Upper Michigan to Iowa due to job relocation. We are looking at Eldridge / Park View. Can anyone comment on new comers moving into Iowa? Other towns you would recommend? We are from a small town of 4,500. One child in high school and two in elementary. Thanks for your comments
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 06:14 PM

180 posts, read 911,042 times
Eldridge is nice as is Park View. Being so close to Davenport, you will be part of the Quad Cities. That includes Davenport and Bettendorf Iowa and Moline and Rock Island Illinois. Combined, it is a fairly large metro area with many conveniences but the smaller towns are well defined, for the most part, for small town living if you like.

I don't know much about the schools but I believe they are pretty good. My niece is a teacher in Davenport and she says it is.... (?)

It's a nice area all in all.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:55 PM

85 posts, read 347,614 times
Eldrige and Park View are considered part of the Quad City area. Both of them are little towns, Eldridge has grown some in recent years. Park View is mostly apartment complexes with a lot of younger residents, although new houses are popping up all over. They will most likely be in the 250,000 dollar plus price range. Eldridge is about a 10 minute drive from Davenport, a city of about 100,000. The QC as a whole is around 400,000 population. Its not huge, but it has all the same stores, restaurants, concerts, and most of the things bigger cities have. Eldridge and most of park view are kind of rural areas on the outskirts of a city, so it is highly rural, and mostly older white people. Davenport, and Rock Island, IL are pretty diverse though once you get into the QC. Davenport and Rock Island can have pretty high crime rates at times, but its mostly isolated in certain neighborhoods. Once you know which ones to avoid you will be ok.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:09 PM

341 posts, read 315,736 times
I may havean interview in Eldridge, IA 52748. Other then the normalGoogle.com stuff what can you tell me about the area? If I did moveit is just me. I am 37, single, str8, male. Currently I live inOrland Park, IL near Chicago, IL. Thinking of renting a placesomething small like a studio or efficiency How much would rent fora small place cost? If this is not the correct forum please let me know. Could I live on $30,000 a year? Thanks.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:34 AM

387 posts, read 549,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPII View Post
How much would rent fora small place cost? If this is not the correct forum please let me know. Could I live on $30,000 a year? Thanks.
A small apartment in Eldridge would go for roughly $500 per month:

The Village At Sheridan Meadows

Since Eldridge is part of the Quad City area, your cost of living won't be extremely high for anything. I'd say $30k per year is doable as long as you're good with budgeting money.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:13 PM

341 posts, read 315,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksoulbro View Post
A small apartment in Eldridge would go for roughly $500 per month:

The Village At Sheridan Meadows

Since Eldridge is part of the Quad City area, your cost of living won't be extremely high for anything. I'd say $30k per year is doable as long as you're good with budgeting money.

What you got on Park View?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or