Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times

Advertisements

I wish I could find a box of assorted fine quality chocolate guns in this state for a reasonable price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,272 times
Well, I hope this thread gets productive real quick.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,967 times
Really, fathers day is just around the corner !

Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 AM

415 posts, read 1,739,196 times
It was a silly thread from the beginning. It was someone making broad generalizations asking Iowans to make more broad generalizations. The idea that everyone in LA is obsessed with designer stuff is as laughable as the idea that no one in Iowa cares about it.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:02 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
All I wanted to know is what do you like. Never said I was generalizing an entire population. I asked a similar thread in the New York City Thread, the Phoenix thread, and the LA thread. Funny how those people would answer for themselves what it was that they personally liked or didn't like. Here in the Iowa forum I have yet to hear what your ideal car would be, what your ideal brand would be, or what is considered fashionable in Iowa. I am not asking for the entire state to answer, just you th individual reader. How much more simpler can it get than that?

If you had to pick a car, you personally, not your neighbor, what kind would it be?

What brand of clothes do you buy?

Seems simple to me. Never said that I personally was obsessed with designer clothes items or looking better than anyone else, or spending more than anyone else.

Maybe you never thought as a kid "when I grow up I am going to drive a (pick a brand).

Maybe you never thought as a kid "when I grow up I want to buy (Pick a brand).

Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,386,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
All I wanted to know is what do you like. Never said I was generalizing an entire population. I asked a similar thread in the New York City Thread, the Phoenix thread, and the LA thread. Funny how those people would answer for themselves what it was that they personally liked or didn't like. Here in the Iowa forum I have yet to hear what your ideal car would be, what your ideal brand would be, or what is considered fashionable in Iowa. I am not asking for the entire state to answer, just you th individual reader. How much more simpler can it get than that?

If you had to pick a car, you personally, not your neighbor, what kind would it be?

Seems simple to me. Never said that I personally was obsessed with designer clothes items or looking better than anyone else, or spending more than anyone else.

Maybe you never thought as a kid "when I grow up I am going to drive a (pick a brand).

1) Personally, I am looking at a new Ford Mustang GT or a 2008 Cadillac CTS. If I had the money, a Jaguar XK8 or a Corvette Z06.

2) American Eagle / Buckle / Arizona for casual. It's really not as much about brand as much as how well the clothes fit me (I'm tall) and how they look.

Van Heusen / Milano / Express, etc. for work clothes

Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,272 times
Quote:

Ok, I'll bite.

I like my truck. It's a Chevy.

What brand of clothes do I buy? I'm into British fashions. Fred Perry, Ben Sherman, Lonsdale, Merc,harrington jackets, etc. Adidas and soccer related things. Sambas, track jackets, etc. I also do the punk/hardcore thing with band shirts, hoodies, Ben Davis, BDU shorts/pants.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:35 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Quote:

Well funny I just blew threw a couple hundred of your posts and 99% of them are about where you live in California, and that you lived in Iowa for 6 months over 20 years ago. This all just seems very set up and there's no point. Didn't see much about NYC, Phoenix and..........

Old 05-15-2009, 12:49 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
Quote:
Going outside to any event without a designer label is not going to happen for many people in LA. Even to a family picnic or county fair, or going to the shopping center.
I know at least 10 people living in the LA area that would instantly agree how totally cliche that statement is.......

Which county fair wouldn't you be caught dead in without your designer labels? Do people stare at you???

Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Well funny I just blew threw a couple hundred of your posts and 99% of them are about where you live in California, and that you lived in Iowa for 6 months over 20 years ago. This all just seems very set up and there's no point. Didn't see much about NYC, Phoenix and..........
I lived in Iowa for 2 years, from August of 1985 to August of 1987. Wow, you went through a couple hundred of my 1700 plus posts and that is all you found. Good for you. You all are much too serious out in Iowa for me. Supposed to be a fun thing to do, hang out in City Data Forum. Part of the fun is the question I posted originally. Unfortunatly of the many people in the state of Iowa, seems that only a few are interested and only interested in tearing down the question. Mustang84 and El Rhino are the only two that gave an answer to the question. Guess for the rest of you it is too hard to come up with an answer.

Just like you all, I answer questions about where I live in California, and Arizona. Many people have questions and some of us that are locals to an area have answers. Kind of what this forum is about. Kind of why you will see many post's in the California and LA forums. I am certain that is why you post in the Iowa forum. You know something about Iowa I would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa