U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 03:39 PM

410 posts, read 1,411,119 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have personal info about Le Mars? I love what I see so far and just know that it is too good to be true.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM

114 posts, read 454,681 times
my dad grew up and I still have family there. even though I didn't ever live there, it always felt like home to me. If we were not so deeply rooted here in Iowa city, i would move there in a heart beat. The town had a hit when a local college closed but they got to work and converted the dorms to apartments, the dining hall to a reception/convention center and rented the other buildings to other colleges. They have Well's Blue Bunny there and that makes a big difference. They are known around the world as having some of the best ice cream. The families are old and new and are very proud, but welcoming to newcomers. It has got to be one of the best towns in Iowa and the schools good to boot. as all towns it has it's dark side, but all towns do and they work through.

Oh and a few places to go when you get there
Archie's-best steak you will ever get in the state, they buy their own meat every year at the fair
The pantry- great home cooking
Vollman's shoes really nice family running it for years
the Plymouth county muesum- it's a great history lesson about the county
I'm partial to O'Toole Park mainly because it's named after my granpa
Fr. Ricther is the bomb! The catholoc churh may have 1 or 2 St Joe's and St. James, Although I thikn they may be building a new bigger one and closing the other 2
The local shops are great, but some may have closed due to Super Wal Mart coming in.
nice drive to Souix City and Souix falls for bigger stores and jobs.
I hopr the this helps
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa