Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times

Advertisements

A brawl? wtf?

I might have to rethink my ISU plans. ugh I don't want to deal with that sht.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM

[quote=RonnieJonez;9798651]Look at all the Affliction/I watch UFC so I'm tougher-than-you types
[quote]

Wow that's a good description. I hate those guys. Especially the ones with the TaptOut shirts. I'm like get the fk away from me before somebody ends up going to jail. You're not bad, you're just stupid.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:43 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Considering Des Moines wants to be a big city, it will do anything for population growth, but complain at the same time (that's just the nature of Iowa...too much rain/too little rain). Maybe they can put their growth in a brochure and brag to Omaha they gained an x number per capita more residents. I mean, Des Moines is so big city they will critique your art for free downtown tonight, and these people consider themselves above Picasso, lol.

What about the white supremacist-looking groups that are all over downtown at night, yes even the supremely awesome, newly renovated Court Ave district?

Most of them are from around here.
Wow, lol. Bitter much?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Quote:
Some of them are very white supremacist looking..like I said, that doesn't mean they're students of David Duke. Someone from a larger city could easily get the impression Des Moines is a white supremacist stronghold.

The polo/khaki crowd is usually not as troublesome, although they can be as well. For whatever reason, it feels more like a college bar atmosphere opposed to high class/big city, except the people are usually beyond college age.
Nice back peddling!!

"Look at all them white supremacist!" "Or uhhh...well they look white supremacist "...."well u know, they wear polos and khakis" haha.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:05 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,752,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Wow, lol. Bitter much?
No, as I rarely go downtown, I haven't been there since January. In all honesty, that's a very typical Iowa response and a giveaway you're probably originally from Iowa. Trust me, I know the standard responses. If you are, and you moved to Chicago, at least you moved out of state. Most people never leave Iowa. The other thing, I've met people from all corners of the state, they'd be much closer to Minneapolis, Kansas City, or Chicago, put they seem to pick Des Moines usually.

I'm not from here originally, I did live in Chicago for awhile by the way. Very different but at the same time not that different in the respect that everything still read "Midwest this, Midwest that", but the people were probably thousand times friendlier over there.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:07 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,752,654 times
Quote:
Some of them are very white supremacist looking..like I said, that doesn't mean they're students of David Duke. Someone from a larger city could easily get the impression Des Moines is a white supremacist stronghold.

The polo/khaki crowd is usually not as troublesome, although they can be as well. For whatever reason, it feels more like a college bar atmosphere opposed to high class/big city, except the people are usually beyond college age.
That-guy, I specifically said they were a different crowd and "not as troublesome", the "toughguys" are the ones who need to be watched out for. Not sure if you got that point.

Another "I'm from the midwest" trait, argue minute semantics.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,342 times
Yeah, the white supremacist thing is a little out there. I guess I'm not sure what sort of images "white supremacist" conjures up in his head, but it doesn't sound like they match up with what most other people would think. Oh well.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Obviously. They go to your state because you guys give free hand outs easier than Illinois does. You better do something about it quickly.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 PM

274 posts, read 708,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Obviously. They go to your state because you guys give free hand outs easier than Illinois does. You better do something about it quickly.
At1WithNature, tell them about the trouble in the inner south suburbs from section 8.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:03 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa