Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:15 PM

608 posts, read 605,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Yes...the worship of ancient gods promulgated upon us by primitive societies couldn't last forever. I hoped that I might live to see the end of it but there's not a chance.

There's no way religion will last half a dozen more generations. The reason is just this...the Internet. People are basically smarter than that. You might see a few million hillbilly bible thumpers trying to hang onto it but it will essentially be history.

The internet enables people today to talk quicker among themselves, but universal talk has always been available to mankind.

Universal talk among mankind has not in the past demolished the concept of God as the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

I can't see how people talking more quickly will lead to the demolition of that concept of God today or in the future.

Can you?

As regards science bringing about the demolition of the concept of God, can you see how it will achieve that?

You see, the god-concepts that science and also universal talk among mankind will demolish are not the God-concept as the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning, but some concepts of God that are so anthropomorphic or human-like that as man's knowledge increases and becomes more and more subtle these anthropomorphic concepts will be left along the road sides of man's history of learning, and the more knowledgeable and more subtle among men can and will still see that God as the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning will always be around.

So the end result of more and more talk among very knowledgeable and subtle men will make them more and more firm among themselves, that the concept of God as the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning is the concept of God that corresponds to objective reality, i.e., that as the nose exists in the face of man there is really existing a God or a necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning, existing in objective reality, because there is everything with a beginning.

Ryrge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Default What I like to do in a forum is exchange ideas and views with more learned and more intelligent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some one 76 View Post
thaArabic to English translationShow romanization

Thank you all say to just login to the link and you will find all the answers
I should know that Islam forbids murder and forbidden
Except for limited cases such as the murder murderer

Contribute a better translation
Thank you for contributing your translation suggestion to Google Translate.

What I like to do in a forum is exchange ideas and views with more learned and more intelligent people.

If I want to know something from writings in the net I can do that without having to come to a web forum.

So, Muslim friend and brother, please interact with me on what you think or know to be the most crucial essence of God in Islam.

In Christianity the most crucial essence of God is namely:
The necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

Please talk to me and talk with me.

A web forum should not be a notice board to people to read something published in the world-wide web and freely available for the reading -- not exactly for that purpose.

Ryrge

Old 06-19-2010, 04:21 AM

11 posts, read 14,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryrge View Post
What I like to do in a forum is exchange ideas and views with more learned and more intelligent people.

If I want to know something from writings in the net I can do that without having to come to a web forum.

So, Muslim friend and brother, please interact with me on what you think or know to be the most crucial essence of God in Islam.

A web forum should not be a notice board to people to read something published in the world-wide web and freely available for the reading -- not exactly for that purpose.

Ryrge
Dear logical what you say, but that do not speak English and I speak with you through an interpreter and translation is not accurate, but I am ready to speak words of short-
Apologize to you

Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 AM

251 posts, read 423,266 times
Quote:

Ryrge

that good idea, we muslims are welcome to exchange of the debate here Use the networks to show strong evidence to Scientists and world would be the Better to aware all ...

Exchange of views between Muslims and non-Muslims here are better than closure and rejection What we say and write it here as muslims

thank you ...

imanway

Old 06-19-2010, 02:03 PM

100 posts, read 155,817 times
salamo alaykom for all muslims here!!!
and hi for alllll
Every one like her religion right but just some question s to you
are you confident that you are on correctness!!!
and did you find the answer in your religion if you ask me
my answer is yes i stand all thing maybe i delivered muslim but believe me
here not all one is believer really i mean don't say in arabic countries all them are believes so *the imane*=The real faith in unification of Allah and Real worship Allah are defrent betwen the peopole so
you yes you are free if you want to know why we are here who character the universe ! are there answer for this questions or not
me and my friends here are guidance you pherhaps you find the answer i f ALLAH want.................

ÃáÇÔ : ÇáÃíä ÇáÕÃíà .. TheTrue Religion

thx for all

Old 06-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Default I will wait for American Muslims to come and post here in this thread.

I will wait for American Muslims to come and post here in this thread.

In the meantime, thanks to the Muslims who have sent messages in this forum.

What I like to invite you Muslims to do to with me and other Christians and Jews and all believers in God, is to work together to come to common statements of belief in regard to God.

In this manner we can put up for atheists and people outside the belief in one God, first and foremost the concept of God as the necessary being maker of everything with a beginning.

Then also other truths common among us all believers in God as per my adopted concept, namely [pardon the repetition]: the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

After we have put up our common statements of faith, then we can tell atheists and people outside that they are invited to exchange ideas and views with us on how we all theists and atheists can and must work together for peace and harmony for all mankind, because we are all even according to their atheist teaching from a common ancestor, which if stretched to the transcendental plane is God the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

Of course atheists can continue to claim that chance is the ultimate ancestor of everything that has a beginning.

And I for one would not mind calling chance the God, as the ultimate ancestor
of everything that has a beginning.

Because "What's in a name (and what's in a definition), that which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet."

So call God God or God chance, He gets His plan and purpose done by His almighty power at the end of the day.

Ryrge

Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:

What I like to invite you Muslims to do to with me and other Christians and Jews and all believers in God, is to work together to come to common statements of belief in regard to God.

In this manner we can put up for atheists and people outside the belief in one God, first and foremost the concept of God as the necessary being maker of everything with a beginning.
do you mean invitation like this one ?

3-64
Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah."

Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Yes, I like to know more about Islam and Muslims, because you and I we are both believers in the same God.

Deleted I like to ask you whether Muslims also have the same concept of God that I adopt for myself which I know to be common among all Christians, namely:

God is the necessary being maker of everything that has a beginning.

exactly , this is the same beliefs of muslims about God .
we believe that God is one unity , the God of abraham and mosa and jesus and all prophets

Quote:
Right away I will tell you that I can be a good Muslim, except and I am not being funny though sardonic if that be the right word, except for the right to marry as I know from stock information four wives and unlimited concubines as long as I can do them all justice.
and i can consider my self true christian except
1- believing in trinity
2- divine jesus
3- denying mohammed (pbuh) as a prophet from God

Old 06-22-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Yes, I want to know about Islam, in particular the concept of God in Islam.

So, dear Muslim brother, let us do together a constructive and productive exchange of ideas and views on our concepts of God.

Now, dear Muslim brother, I am ready to learn from you as a learned Muslim what is the concept of God in his most crucial essence, in Islam and among Muslims, in relation to man and the universe.

Ryrge
The most concise definition of God in Islam is given in the four verses of Surah Ikhlas which is Chapter 112 of the Qur’an:
"Say: He is Allah,
The One and Only.
"Allah, the Eternal, Absolute.
"He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."
[Al-Qur’an 112:1-4]

Islam rejects characterizing God in any human form or depicting Him as favoring certain individuals or nations on the basis of wealth, power or race.

most of his attributes mentioned together in the following verses of the Qur'an: He is God; there is no god but He. He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate. He is God; there is no god but He. He is the King, the All-Holy, the All-Peace, the Guardian of the Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime. Glory be to God, above that they associate! He is God, the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. To Him belong the Names Most Beautiful. All that is in the heavens and the earth magnifies Him; He is the Almighty, the All-Wise” (59:22-24).

There is no god but He, the Living, the Everlasting. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. Who is there that shall intercede with Him save by His leave? He knows what lies before them, and what is after them, and they comprehend not anything of His knowledge save such as He wills. His throne comprises the heavens and earth. The preserving of them oppresses Him not; He is the All-High, the All-Glorious” (2:255).

Muslims believe in the same God as the God of Noah, the God of Moses, the God of Abraham and the God of Jesus (peace be upon them all) as well as all other prophets of Islam. Key to the Islamic concept of God is that Muhammad's prophesy cleaned away all false associations people had made with God and established finally the pure religion of monotheism. The first thing Islam asserts and the last is that there is no god except Allah. Allah being the primary name of God in Arabic and meaning 'the god'.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:58 PM

Default Dear Elwill, I am glad you come by, now I can get to know Islam from a learned Muslim.

Dear Elwill, I am glad you come by, now I can get to know Islam from a learned Muslim.

Before anything else, I want to tell you that my approach here toward God is on the negative not to bring in the Bible, but on the positive to use reason and intelligence to come to the certainty of the existence of God.

So, if I may, please just keep to reason and intelligence, and let us work out a concept of God which is acceptable to us both, in less than ten words.

To my reason and intelligence here is my concept of God:
Necessary being maker of everything with a beginning.
I say my concept, not meaning that I am the one having discovered or having formulated it, but as I am one among others who have come to the same concept of God.

So, putting aside Koranic texts, just tell me from your reason and intelligence what is your concept of God in relation to man and the universe or the totality of existence.

Ryrge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam