Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Hello to all the new Muslims on this board. I have truly had the pleasure of posting back and forth with some of you and have enjoyed that. I noticed something posted on C-D on another board that I wanted to re-post here and get your feelings on. This is a man who claims to be a leader of a Muslim group. I have not yet found anyone refuting what he says in this clip or demanding that he be censored by the majority of Moderate Muslims. Do you feel that his views represent your views/your religion? Do you feel that he is a good spokesperson for the Islamic religion? Is what he says correct? Thank you.

Anjem Choudary: "Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission."

"UK Muslim Leader: Islam Not a Religion of Peace," by Erick Stakelbeck for CBN News, March 2:
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration has released a review of its strategy in the war on terrorism. The report failed to even mention the word "Islam."
CBN News traveled to London to talk with Anjem Choudary, a leading Muslim radical who says Islamic teachings are what shaped his pro-jihad message.
Although both George W. Bush and Barack Obama have declared that Islam is a religion of peace, Choudary begs to differ.
A Religion of Peace?
"You can't say that Islam is a religion of peace," Choudary told CBN News. "Because Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission. So the Muslim is one who submits. There is a place for violence in Islam. There is a place for jihad in Islam."
Crickets .........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 11:45 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Hello to all the new Muslims on this board. I have truly had the pleasure of posting back and forth with some of you and have enjoyed that. I noticed something posted on C-D on another board that I wanted to re-post here and get your feelings on. This is a man who claims to be a leader of a Muslim group. I have not yet found anyone refuting what he says in this clip or demanding that he be censored by the majority of Moderate Muslims. Do you feel that his views represent your views/your religion? Do you feel that he is a good spokesperson for the Islamic religion? Is what he says correct? Thank you.

Anjem Choudary: "Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission."

"UK Muslim Leader: Islam Not a Religion of Peace," by Erick Stakelbeck for CBN News, March 2:
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration has released a review of its strategy in the war on terrorism. The report failed to even mention the word "Islam."
CBN News traveled to London to talk with Anjem Choudary, a leading Muslim radical who says Islamic teachings are what shaped his pro-jihad message.
Although both George W. Bush and Barack Obama have declared that Islam is a religion of peace, Choudary begs to differ.
A Religion of Peace?
"You can't say that Islam is a religion of peace," Choudary told CBN News. "Because Islam does not mean peace. Islam means submission. So the Muslim is one who submits. There is a place for violence in Islam. There is a place for jihad in Islam."
i didn't saw the movie , so i will depend on your article in my response

i agree that islam means submission , it's our core faith to submit to him
salam is the word which means peace ( the greeting of islam)

secondly , yes their is a place for violence of islam , we punish the crimers by laws and we are allowed to defend ourself if the wars were waged against our country
if that was the context of article , then i can't deny it

and yes , there is a place for jihad in islam , who can deny that ?
the problem is about defenation of Jihad
the terrorist acts isn't jihad , it's a crimes and mischief in the earth , it's very big sin in islam

Old 06-27-2010, 12:51 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times
And what is the punishment for someone who was raised a muslim who has converted to christianity?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:40 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
And what is the punishment for someone who was raised a muslim who has converted to christianity?
The quran says none. It is death to those who convert back, and then away from islam for the second time.. But many muslims who support the death laws, are jumping the gun.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:50 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
i believe it to be none

Old 06-27-2010, 09:01 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i believe it to be none
Remove that "I believe" deceptive qualification and tell the truth, elwill. You know full well what the answer is . . . death . . . preferably by beheading.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times
So, elwill, you're saying that those who have killed muslims who have converted to another religion have committed a sin and therefore should be killed themselves? Are there any incidences of this happening?

Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 PM

608 posts, read 605,609 times
Default At the present stage of religious thinking and doing, mankind should do away with killing in the name of religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie
The quran says none. It is death to those who convert back, and then away from islam for the second time.. But many muslims who support the death laws, are jumping the gun.

My humble but sincere submission is that at the present stage of religious thinking and doing, mankind should do away with killing in the name of religion.

So if a person belonged to your religion and switched to another one, then came back to the first, don't kill him.

Why?

Because it is the wrong thing to do according to the Christian faith in the words Jesus, to forgive him seventy times seven, which is the biblical number for all the times.

When you get tired, then just tell him to go into his own kind of religion, but don't kill him.

If you kill him on principle, what is there to prevent others from killing you should you be in his shoes one day?

That goes for all and every religion.

No, no more killing in the name whatever of religion, at this stage of man's conception of religion, it should be a universal taboo -- my humble but sincere submission.

Ryrge

Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Default Impotent God

Only an Impotent God would need to demand and/or force anyone to believe anything . . . or demand and/or force anyone to behave in certain ways. Using other humans to do the forcing is even more impotent!! How could anyone believe in such an impotent God?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 AM

11 posts, read 14,823 times
thanks evrey one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam