Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
Consumption of swine flesh is not feasible for the human body.
well then it sounds to me like the writer of the Quran never ate a hog that I smoked. the skin is the best part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Some of the diseases caused by the consumption of pork that science has discovered are trichinosis
I believe it has long since been proven that trichinosis is not a concern if the meat is cooked properly.

Still in all, I understand where you're coming from; I'm Jewish, and if anything the laws of kashrut are even stricter than those of halal. As a matter of fact, in my neighborhood you can see Islamic women who shop at kosher butchers (because any meat certified as kosher meets all the standards for halal), but Jewish women cannot shop at halal butchers because the reverse is not true.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 AM

69 posts, read 112,887 times
Quote:
Almighty Allah has blessed us with so many delicious and really healthy foods to eat. But there are certain things which need to be avoided and the instructions given by the Almighty Allah regarding those things are pretty clear. In Quran Allah Says “0 ye believe! eat of the good things that We have provided for you be grateful to Allah if it is Him ye worship” (2:172). One such thing that needs to be avoided is swine Flesh or Pork. In Holy Quran Allah Almighty has forbidden the use of swine flesh.

Quran Says “He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swine flesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful” (Qur'an 2:173).

Consumption of swine flesh is not feasible for the human body. It can cause many diseases. Swine is a filthy animal which lives on offal and the consumption of this filthy animal affects the eaten. Swine Flesh has more fat than muscle-building material and it is more liable to disease than other kinds of meat. Some of the diseases caused by the consumption of pork that science has discovered are trichinosis, char¬acterized by hair-like worms in the muscular tissue.

Muslims have been given clear instruction by the Holy Quran to eat only those foods which are permitted by Almighty Allah and avoid things like the Swine Flesh as it is harmful for the health.

Peace to all of you dear brothers and sisters
Bless you brother Muhammad for your efforts
There is no doubt that you are telling the truth but you know where the problem is ...
It is in that we can not guide those we want , although we want , but Allah guide who he wants
Some people see the truth but can't accept it because they are determined not to do ...
May Allah reward you dear brother
The most important thing is that we are doing our duty , that of telling them , then they are free and if they come to regret it bitterly one day they won't have anyone but themselves...
Peace and love to all of you

Old 06-23-2010, 06:16 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Following from the holier-than-thou sneering, hints that we are all arrogantly purblind and the veiled threats of divine punishment, simply because we won't let you tell us what we can or can't eat, the protestations of peace and love stick in our throats, somewhat.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times
ISLAM-LIGHT wrote:

"The most important thing is that we are doing our duty , that of telling them , then they are free and if they come to regret it bitterly one day they won't have anyone but themselves...
Peace and love to all of you."

'Anyone but themselves'? anyone but themselves to THEMSELVES...

The perspective is just a state of anxiety. I've got to go downtown now.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:11 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Following from the holier-than-thou sneering, hints that we are all arrogantly purblind and the veiled threats of divine punishment, simply because we won't let you tell us what we can or can't eat, the protestations of peace and love stick in our throats, somewhat.
The 'tag team' antics being shown in so many recent threads is nothing short of disgusting IMO..."I love you" coupled with "you're damned if you don't convert" make for a most unpleasant combination. It feels almost like an organized effort.

For whatever reason, there seems to be a new call to proselytize, pressure, and shame non-believers on this forum. Pity it's being allowed to occur.

For the record, I also worship at the altar of All That Is Pork (smoke [or glaze] be upon them) and would never consciously convert to any faith that would dare to deprive me of bacon's bliss.

Unfathomable.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light View Post
Peace to all of you dear brothers and sisters
Bless you brother Muhammad for your efforts
There is no doubt that you are telling the truth but you know where the problem is ...
It is in that we can not guide those we want , although we want , but Allah guide who he wants
Some people see the truth but can't accept it because they are determined not to do ...
May Allah reward you dear brother
The most important thing is that we are doing our duty , that of telling them , then they are free and if they come to regret it bitterly one day they won't have anyone but themselves...
Peace and love to all of you
I have a random question...

Why didn't Allah bless your home country of Algeria with even one goal in 3 matches in Group C?

I would have thought that Allah might have rewarded them with even 1 goal! Just 1!

Damn.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Wouldn't it be something if it turned out that members of the Algerian team snuck some bacon into their locker room?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Default Ham! Honey-baked, I hope!

Really though; if they won't eat pork, then there's more left for us. Pulled, jerked, salted, rind, ham, Jamon, you name it. All great!

But now, according to ancient scientific illiteracy and primitive meat preservation techniques, you're not s'posed tah eat it, huh? I bet-cha ol' Muhammed had some bad bacon and swore off it forever, is all!

Phunny what strict adherence to ancient myths and superstitions can do to your mind, eh?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Thinly veiled religious threat from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam-light
Followed by this very appropriate admonishment, which is probably well over the poster's head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I'll stick with my evil brined and preserved meats, thanks! Of course, I won't be meeting your Muhammad since, well, he's been dead all these years....

Your psychological addiction is not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam